Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found that I do not have to unlock the doors (press the unlock button) to open them from inside. It is quite dangerous if you have young kids in the car. I found this problem when I drove on highway and my son opened the door! I sent the car to the dealer service dept and they told me it is normal and all touareg are like this.

Does anyone have similar experience? Thanks

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I just found that I do not have to unlock the doors (press the unlock button) to open them from inside. It is quite dangerous if you have young kids in the car. I found this problem when I drove on highway and my son opened the door! I sent the car to the dealer service dept and they told me it is normal and all touareg are like this.

Does anyone have similar experience? Thanks
Use the child lock buttons located right after window up/down switches.

All German cars can be opened by pulling the handle twice, which is I personally consider safer in case of an accident than the Japanese design where one has to use lock/unlock button to open the door.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
If you open up the door and look at the end of the open door you'll see a flat screwdriver slot, twist this in the direction indicated by the arrow and the rear doors will only open from the outside.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
If you open up the door and look at the end of the open door you'll see a flat screwdriver slot, twist this in the direction indicated by the arrow and the rear doors will only open from the outside.
No need to do that, all T3's have an electronic child locks, just push the button and the selected door will not open from the inside.

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Ahh. I assumed those were the window locks...explains why my kiddies have not made an escape attempt in my t3!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for the explanation and the picture. It solves my puzzle.
By the way, I can open the front doors by pulling the handle only once (and rear doors by pulling the handle twice) when the doors are locked. Is it normal? I can not find useful information in the menu.

No need to do that, all T3's have an electronic child locks, just push the button and the selected door will not open from the inside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For front doors, I can open them by pulling the hand once (not twice) even if I am driving in the highway. I tried rear doors, it was as what you said "Pull once to unlock twice to open".
Yes that's normal. Pull once to unlock twice to open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts