Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have issue with my T3 AC drain. A huge amount of water drain on to my passenger floor mat. how to fix it, i saw the drain plug outside the car on a T2. is T3 has the same location as the T2 does?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Best to work from the inside, remove the cover and pull back the rubber piece at the bottom of the funnel, water will drain so have towels ready, then ram a 4 feet of coaxial cable down the waste line and you are good for at least a year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestion, I did that before and after about 1 month it clogs again, so yesterday i jack my car up, took out the passenger side front wheel. Then i pulled out the dust cover, if you look inward toward the engine compartment, you would see a round rubber plug on the cabin side of the wall, it is kind of dark so make sure you use a flash light so that you can easily locate it. i simply use my hand to pull up the cover end, and the water run out like a fountain. i use a coax cable to stick inside it and clean it up. it is a little bit work and i'm not sure if this going to hold down for the next few months, but i will repost to this and let you guys know.

·
Registered
682 Posts
The long term fix:

Shut off AC when not in use.

Shut off AC but leave fan on 3-5 minutes before you reach your destination (shut down).

Helps with odor, drying the core, evap water before stuff can grow and clog it.

Change pollen filter as recommended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pictures

Does anyone have any pictures of the procedure? Or at least of the hose under the dash or the flap under the hood?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guys, it's been a while and I just want to keep following up with what i found on this drainage issue. Now i find a easy fix, but you may want to do it every 6 months for some area like south Florida, or you can do it whenever you want.
There is a rubber cover in the hood where it's against the fire wall, please use my picture as a reference. The procedure is as following.
1st you need to pop the hood.
2nd go find a long stick, i always use a floor wipe handle.
3rd stick the handle/stick all the way in the hood and flip the rubber cover.
4th DONE!!!
what i found was the drainage is hard to clog maybe thanks to that cover, but the rubber material may stick on the fire wall and won't drain the xxxx water. by doing this in a scheduled time period you will definitely get away from a wet passenger floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow thanks supersbk!! You saved me some headaches trying to figure this thing out without cramming my 6’5 300lb self into the footwell of my wife’s Treg! I barely touched the flap on the firewall and about a liter came out!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow thanks supersbk!! You saved me some headaches trying to figure this thing out without cramming my 6’5 300lb self into the footwell of my wife’s Treg! I barely touched the flap on the firewall and about a liter came out!
hello Chris,
I'm glad this worked out for you, just remember do it every 6 months or whenever you need to prevent it from happening again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
+1 on this thread. Just picked up a 2011 TDi a couple of months back. Had this issue the other day on a two hour trip. Water pour in on both driver and passenger side. Water had heated up on the drivers side and HOT water dripped onto my foot! Felt like a bee sting. Freaked me out. Haha. Anyway, this is how I noticed it wasn't draining. I couldn't use the stick method, maybe because of my diesel engine and not really being able to see/feel the plug because of less room, I just got underneath and immediately found the rubber cover. I barely touched it and it release and water came pouring out. I got soaked, but worth it! I also went under the glove box and removed the panels and cabin filter (which was partially soaked as well). Didn't remove the funnel as it seemed more work than I was willing to put in at the time. Only tapped on it and squeezed the rubber drain tube a bit as it seemed the issue was the rubber flap being stuck to the firewall. Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this problem...they say they did a permanent fix...i think they took the plug off completely...havent had an issue again

1 - 16 of 16 Posts