Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching and searching I can finally call her mine. It took a 2hr drive out to central PA at a Dodge dealership to find this Touareg. I currently own a Jetta TDI so I knew that I would want another TDI. I couldn't be happier with the purchase and glad I was able to find exactly what I was looking for.

2012 TDI LUX package with 20" Mallory rims, saddle brown interior and Night Blue exterior. Still getting to know everything about this amazing vehicle and knew that joining this forum would aid in the learning curve.

The ride out -

All Cleaned up -

Towing her home -

I am in love with the interior -

The horses approve - (part of the reason for a TDI)

Another bonus - came with my favorite tires - Extreme Contacts DWS

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice find, I dig the color combo. Those are the 20" Pikes Peak wheel, not the Mallory wheel which on came on the R-line for the T3. Do the tweeter grills say Dynaudio? If so then you actually got an Exec model, not a Lux.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice find, I dig the color combo. Those are the 20" Pikes Peak wheel, not the Mallory wheel which on came on the R-line for the T3. Do the tweeter grills say Dynaudio? If so then you actually got an Exec model, not a Lux.
Great to know on the rims! It was big selling point of me as I have always loved the look. I am going to have to go check on the speakers and report back. Its small things like this that make these forums great and why I have been apart of TDIclub along with others for so long.

·
Registered
84 Posts
After searching and searching I can finally call her mine. I...
Another bonus - came with my favorite tires - Extreme Contacts DWS
Fantastic vehicle and great tires! And I believe you still can see the "S" in the tread!

Indicators — visible letters molded into the second rib from the outboard shoulder to alert drivers of the tire's performance levels. A visible "DWS" indicates the tire has sufficient tread depth for dry conditions, as well as wet roads and light snow. After the "S" has worn away, the remaining "DW" indicates the tire only has sufficient tread depth for dry and most wet road conditions. And after the "W" and "S" have both worn away, the remaining "D" indicates the tire has appropriate tread depth for dry conditions only.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fantastic vehicle and great tires! And I believe you still can see the "S" in the tread!

Indicators — visible letters molded into the second rib from the outboard shoulder to alert drivers of the tire's performance levels. A visible "DWS" indicates the tire has sufficient tread depth for dry conditions, as well as wet roads and light snow. After the "S" has worn away, the remaining "DW" indicates the tire only has sufficient tread depth for dry and most wet road conditions. And after the "W" and "S" have both worn away, the remaining "D" indicates the tire has appropriate tread depth for dry conditions only.
I love these tires and have run them on my Jetta with great success. It was another selling point for me as you never know what the dealer or PO has on there. DWS with a decent amount of tread left = win

·
Registered
499 Posts
It is indeed an exec! Awesome score for you!

If you press climate on the nav, you will see the heated steering wheel button in the middle of the screen. Also the rear seats are heated as well, the buttons are on the back of the armrest console.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is indeed an exec! Awesome score for you!

If you press climate on the nav, you will see the heated steering wheel button in the middle of the screen. Also the rear seats are heated as well, the buttons are on the back of the armrest console.
I saw that! I was upset at first that it didn't have the heated steering wheel like the newer ones but spent an hour pushing every button and scrolling through every screen and found it! I love that the rear seats slide forward 7" as well. The two buttons in the back to release the seats is pretty trick too. So many features I haven't fully taken it in.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Excellent! Nice job getting a TDI even in the midst of all the hoopla about emissions.

I have the same TDI but with the tan-interior. I also have the same tires on the same wheels and they have been awesome, even through last winters snowmageddon up here in MA, no problem chugging through any of it with the DWS and they really are great in all conditions.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Excellent! Nice job getting a TDI even in the midst of all the hoopla about emissions.

I have the same TDI but with the tan-interior. I also have the same tires on the same wheels and they have been awesome, even through last winters snowmageddon up here in MA, no problem chugging through any of it with the DWS and they really are great in all conditions.
Enjoy!
Thanks! There are a few out there but none of them were this clean or the options that I wanted. That's great to hear on the tires! You never know how the same set is going to preform on another vehicle. Although the way its looking, I might have to break out the beach chairs for Christmas this year; 65 and sunny???

Looks like two of us picked up a 2012 TDI today :D I snagged one in Chicago. I will toss a post together in the morning.
That's awesome! CONGRATS! Can't wait to see that you picked up. It is great to see so many people come together around one vehicle. I know that you see this with other brands but the Touareg really is a special and you don't see too many on the road.

Love seeing this screen when I turn her on in the am -

Already looking for tunes and improvements -

Cleaned up and edited one of the pics from the weekend -

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats! Nice Treg and cool color combo.
Thanks! There is something about this deep Night Blue that every time I see her, I fall more in love with the color. I always go for a black interior and I wanted something different this time around. The deep brown hit the nail on the head and really compliments the blue.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I love these tires and have run them on my Jetta with great success. It was another selling point for me as you never know what the dealer or PO has on there. DWS with a decent amount of tread left = win
I've put these tires on most of my Audis. Love them.

My TDI came with like 27" wheels and Pirelli tires (or am I thinking about a recent bicycle purchase). I talked the seller (Pilot) into taking them off and putting on a set of Terra wheels he had, with new DWS tires. Yahoo!

Worked out well for both of us!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The more I drive her, the more I fall in love. 2000mi in the last 2weeks. Its been a whirlwind of a tour of the North East. I am beyond impressed with how the Touareg handles with a trailer behind it. I know it is rated @ 7700 but you never know how they will handle in the real world. I have another photo of her hooked up to the trailer coming home from AOAA out in PA with 4 quads on the back. Again, I can't find the words to describe how impressed I was. This is quite possibly the best all around vehicle.

Average on the NJTP -

Love having a back up camera-

Pretty awesome to find this screen -

Hooked up for her first test -

Headed all the way to Fredrickburg VA (4.5hr trip) -

Some things are worth the drive -

Coming home -

·
Registered
737 Posts
That's a beautiful color combination!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.