Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
$36,200 is what I am seeing as the value from Nov 2015, what additional adjustments are you seeing? What is you current mileage?

Again all I am looking to do is take the cash VW is giving me for my Audi TDI I am turning in and buy a Touareg TDI that has an end game / turn in time 12+ months from now.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
$36,200 is what I am seeing as the value from Nov 2015, what additional adjustments are you seeing? What is you current mileage?

Again all I am looking to do is take the cash VW is giving me for my Audi TDI I am turning in and buy a Touareg TDI that has an end game / turn in time 12+ months from now.
It is not adjustments I'm seeing, it is what VW is going to be offering the owners of the Gen1 3.0L's. Perhaps you are not up on the 3.0L TDI details and it's ok. Here is what both VW and the US have both agreed to, it is just awaiting the judge's ink:

There is that 11/2015 NADA Clean Retail.

+ $720.00 because VW loves its TDI owners.

+ State and local taxes based on the state the TDI was registered in on 11/2015.

+/- Mileage either in excess of whatever Class, I think 3.0L Gen1 owners are Class IV for mileage adjustment. I'm below the average for mileage so I'll get a little more $$$.

+ Whatever "substantial compensation" VW wants or has agreed to give us Gen1 3.0L TDI owners.

As has been pointed out, ain't no right-minded individual gonna sell their Gen1 3.0L TDI before the settlement is known. I might get about all I paid for my T3.

Yipee-Ki-Ay VW! I'm cashin' out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is not adjustments I'm seeing, it is what VW is going to be offering the owners of the Gen1 3.0L's. Perhaps you are not up on the 3.0L TDI details and it's ok. Here is what both VW and the US have both agreed to, it is just awaiting the judge's ink:

There is that 11/2015 NADA Clean Retail.

+ $720.00 because VW loves its TDI owners.

+ State and local taxes based on the state the TDI was registered in on 11/2015.

+/- Mileage either in excess of whatever Class, I think 3.0L Gen1 owners are Class IV for mileage adjustment. I'm below the average for mileage so I'll get a little more $$$.

+ Whatever "substantial compensation" VW wants or has agreed to give us Gen1 3.0L TDI owners.

As has been pointed out, ain't no right-minded individual gonna sell their Gen1 3.0L TDI before the settlement is known. I might get about all I paid for my T3.

Yipee-Ki-Ay VW! I'm cashin' out.
I see, good luck, the process has been torturous and long for us 2.0 owners.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I see, good luck, the process has been torturous and long for us 2.0 owners.
You too.

I had done a quick search for 2013-2014 Porsche diesels near me and found a few with from 40-60,000 or so miles for $38-50,000. I thought about getting one but realized I'd rather get something new and leave VAG for now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2012 TDI Exec with just 43,000 miles. It's immaculate and my 4th Treg, 2nd TDI. I really don't want to part with it, but if VW is gonna give me that clean retail + comp, I will have to look at that.....My original plan was to drive till the wheels fall off!!

Really wanna see what VW does with payout/comp etc....

·
Registered
774 Posts

Michael - you should re-read the documents. Not only is there "substantial compensation", but if you are looking for a quick profit (in the form of buyback and compensation), they've structured it such that at least half of whatever is doled out goes to the owner of the vehicle in November 2015. By which I mean to say that you wouldn't receive much in the form of compensation. They specifically structured it that way to prevent people from taking advantage of the program.

Now, you motives might be pure and you might want a TDI for a longer period of time. In that case, take your time and find the correct one. But don't expect a bunch of money from VW for it.

GL

21 - 26 of 26 Posts