Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

After my wife finally got her Touareg, I'm left to looking for an Exec version because I can't get past the stereo in the Lux and I love the 20"s.

So what we are looking for is a 2012 Exec that is loaded. Color not overly important. Condition is. Id rather not get a dinged, scratched up mess.

Disclaimer:

Yes I am flipping the 2.0s but we bought our first VW in 2012. Also, I don't own any gas cars. I drive a Duramax and we want ( and so do my folks) a nice Touareg to keep from the crusher/fix. As kids are in the future, we want this to be a long term deal. Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I have a 2012 TDI Executive that I will sell you but here is the "thing."

I won't take less than what VW is going to pay me for it as I'm 99% sure I'm going to take the money from VW and leave my beloved TDI. With those that know that the 2009-2012's are going to be bought back at a great price, it is going to be very hard finding any for sale.

It is too bad as my 2012 has only 56,000 miles and is in excellent condition.

I'm so glad I did get the Exec when I did.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I have a 2012 Exec. Drives like new. Over 96k on the clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
There can't be anyone out there that is willing to match VW's buyback offer.

If the proposal stands, the clean retail for 2012 Exec TDI's starts at $36,200.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As far as I understand it, based on the proposed settlement language, the reason for the buyback for the 3.0L TDI's is that VW has concluded it cannot "fix" the GenI motors.
There is a stipulation that the cars can be sold if a fix is accepted. There is a timeline on the 2012's anticipating a fix available 10/2017, but it will need to be accepted. The smart thing would be to shop for a 2013 or newer exec since there is no buyback on those cars at this time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2012 TDI Executive that I will sell you but here is the "thing."

I won't take less than what VW is going to pay me for it as I'm 99% sure I'm going to take the money from VW and leave my beloved TDI. With those that know that the 2009-2012's are going to be bought back at a great price, it is going to be very hard finding any for sale.

It is too bad as my 2012 has only 56,000 miles and is in excellent condition.

I'm so glad I did get the Exec when I did.

This is about the high end of what we are looking for. I would prefer under 50K miles. And we are also looking to buy now, not later. Therefore, I'm not speculating but I would pay a fair price for the vehicle.

Also I see that my + sign didn't register. We aren't JUST looking for 2012's.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I must be blind as I can't figure out how to edit my original thread title. We are looking for 2012+, not just 2012.
After 10 minutes or so, you can no longer edit and become "permanent" >:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I wasn't kidding. Folks bought one on my birthday, sister bought one yesterday. So now we are still looking for ours, a 2013+ Exec.

Bump

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have a 2013 TDI Executive that we will be selling since we just ordered my wife a Macan. It's silver with black interior, 19000 miles, relatively new Michelin tires and in perfect condition. If your interested you can send me a PM or email me at [email protected] the car is located in Vero Beach, FL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm about to list my 2014 TDI Executive - Canyon Grey with black. She's a beauty. Should be in the classifieds shortly, but shoot me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There can't be anyone out there that is willing to match VW's buyback offer.

If the proposal stands, the clean retail for 2012 Exec TDI's starts at $36,200.
Why dont you PM me, I would actually consider doing this because I specifically want a 2012 TDI Executive, I would need to find out where your located and the details about the vehicle.

·
Registered
454 Posts
You would be pretty foolish to sell a 2012 right now without knowing the compensation portion of the settlement. You could be giving $10k away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You would be pretty foolish to sell a 2012 right now without knowing the compensation portion of the settlement. You could be giving $10k away.
There is no restitution on the 3 liter gen 1, straight NADA from Nov 2015, I have read through the the preliminary court docs and it is also likely the buyback will not happen til the end of 2017 into 2018. I currently have a 2015 Audi TDI that is going back March 1st and just am looking for a 2012-2014 Touareg Exec TDI replacement with relatively low miles.

·
Registered
454 Posts
There is no restitution on the 3 liter gen 1, straight NADA from Nov 2015, I have read through the the preliminary court docs and it is also likely the buyback will not happen til the end of 2017 into 2018. I currently have a 2015 Audi TDI that is going back March 1st and just am looking for a 2012-2014 Touareg Exec TDI replacement with relatively low miles.
If you read all the docs and think there is no compensation, you need to work on your reading comprehension. The court settlement specifies buyback plus compensation. The buyback amount was specified in the docs from December, the compensation amount has not been settled yet and is scheduled to be handled later this month or February.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I agree. With the proposed VW math, and according to the second decree, I'm going to get a almost $40,000, and if the way I have figured the mileage calculation, I might get another $1,500 or so. Then if there is also the "significant compensation" . . . you are right, I'd be able to just give my T3 to VW in the condition it is in, any condition it is in as long as it can drive to my local VW settlement facility which is only about 5 miles from me rather than dealing with a sale and a buyer who wants to scrutinze the vehicle for purchase.

All us Gen1 owners are waiting for is the "O" in the BINGO!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Why dont you PM me, I would actually consider doing this because I specifically want a 2012 TDI Executive, I would need to find out where your located and the details about the vehicle.
I PM'd you.

You would really be willing to pay $40,000 for a 2012 TDI Exec?

According to VW's formula, they will pay me at least $40,000 for my truck as ijt sits right now and as I'm under the average mileage tier, may be eligible for more, something like $1,500 extra, never mind the possible "substantial compensation".

1 - 20 of 26 Posts