Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started monitoring EGT's though ELM327 Wifi transmitter and Torque app, and man this thing seems to run higher EGT's than I'm used to on other diesel vehicles I drive. It's very easy to to hit 1000F and stay there for longer than I'd like under normal driving conditions(is kinda hilly around here in places though), but under hard acceleration, 1200F-1300F is not uncommon for short periods of time(<30sec). Also, even at idle, after a normal coming home run, it still is 400F+ for a while. Is this something that others have experienced, or noticed as well? Thanks for any info?

·
Registered
510 Posts
its it called a dpf...or brick in its throat. These temps are common on dpf equipped vehicles. This is why turbo and engine life is shorter with dpf cars it is hard on things

My temps even on a sport mode 1-5th pull with a bigger tune are below 900 always

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
944 Posts
Normal driving sees it float around 350°F-500°F. My EGT is routinely over 800°F on little climbs while highway towing and have seen it exceed 1200°F on long uphill grades with the engine at 3000 rpm and the transmission in 6th. Probably all normal.
No current issues or problems (fingers crossed), currently mileage 44,400 miles. Not sure what ash load level my DPF is at. I don't have a Ross Tech cable for checking.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'd never want to go over 1200°F for any length of time. I'm assuming that is measured pre-turbo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Wifi + ELM for Android and it work s fine. I wouldn't think it'd be much different for Apple stuff.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bump to the thread. I don't think there is a torque pro for iPhone ios. I have searched here and on TDI club and there doesn't seem to be a clear recommendation for a EML327 Wifi iOs app with Volkswagen focus. OBD Fusion and Dash Commander are about $10 each USD but AFAIK may not offer the customization of Torque on android.

Hopefully someone will reply (I would spend several hundred on VCDS if I had the cash right now, but I don't) Can anyone recommend the ideal iOs ELM327 wifi app for volks?

thanks,
David

·
Registered
510 Posts
im using scan gauge...at cruising im seeing between 300-450c and as low as 200s.....not even remotely as warm as my jetta ran.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Normal driving sees it float around 350°F-500°F. My EGT is routinely over 800°F on little climbs while highway towing and have seen it exceed 1200°F on long uphill grades with the engine at 3000 rpm and the transmission in 6th. Probably all normal.
No current issues or problems (fingers crossed), currently mileage 44,400 miles. Not sure what ash load level my DPF is at. I don't have a Ross Tech cable for checking.
This is bad info....way low....your using the wrong sensor to monitor egt’s. You need to monitor Bank 1 Sensor 1 (before turbo). I have used ScanGauge II & also BlueDriver (more of a professional scanner)...both read the same. Steady, flat ground at 65mph at 4000ft elevation 770*F average. Hard pull, will see topped out at 1300*F. When stopped & put into park...430*F average but drops to 370*F in 15 sec with egr mod, no tune. Engine could use a tune with more timing, which would lower egt’s & DPF delete etc, like tdimark69 says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts