Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED HELP,
apparently i did something on the VCDS, all of the sudden my backup camera would not be activated when shift to reverse. I checked on Ross-Tech wiki and use the info they give for 7L model, nothing happened, I have been messing around with this and have no progress. please HELP!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Post up your autoscan so everyone can see what modules you have. Maybe someone can provide you with the correct coding. Check out Ross Tech's forum, too. Tons of info there.

And for future reference, once you get it fixed, run another autoscan and print it out. That way you will always have a correct coding to revert back to.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Your attachment is missing. Try again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Touareg 7P backup camera calibration SOLVED!

Guys,
after doing all the research, i made it. thanks to a Audi forum, here i also attach the important DIY VAS6350, the second PDF shows you how to calibrate step by step using VCDS.

just to make it easy, channel 04 use value 15607(20000-1500-2893), note that 1500mm is measured from the center of the rear wheel where the VW logo cover is to the leading edge of the paper you print out.
Channel 05 just use the base value 500 since you probably going to print that on a paper and that paper is going to stay on the ground level.
then save the value by going to channel 01 and set new value to 1.
go to measure blocks 130, and just wait for it to be done.

please make sure during the process do not open the door, wheel angle to be 0 degree. make sure do not calibrate in a windy day, it won't work if the paper you print out is moving all the time, use something to hold the covers of the paper. it took me less than 5 mins to finish the process!

i print the paper out from Staple for 8 bucks, or you can go to Fedex for better quality paper. make sure you print the paper to scale which is 74.8"X27.56" or 1900mmX700mm.

please feel free to ask me if any question comes up, i will try my best to answer any questions.
good luck.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts