Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

First I would like to thank anyone who can provide some insight or assistance on this topic.

So I purchased a 2012 Touareg in Feb. 2014 and the vehicle has been great until now.... It has a 119,600 km on it and I took it in for some road noise I was getting and it turns out that its the rear differential. Well I have CPO (Certified Pre Owned) and you guessed it the warranty is good till 120,000 km but I took it in at that time cause I knew something was up and I wasn't going to go over. Well the part has to come from Germany and its atleast 10 days out and the VW dealer recommended I stop driving it so I was advised to leave it there and not take it.

So the long and the short of this is VW does not cover or offer a rental because its under the CPO and my beef here is they will have my car for almost 3 weeks before I get it back! I have a rental now but its on my dime and trying to deal with VW customer care is trying to say the least so prior to giving this to my lawyer to fight I thought I would reach out on this forum to see if anyone had experience with VW customer care and CPO.

Thanks to any and all that can provide insight or help.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
From the way I understand it, their warranty obligation is to repair the defect and that's it. I don't think there is any stipulation or coverage around replacement vehicles.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think he is doing you a favor. By keeping the car at his workshop he is ensuring the car is still below 120000 Km when he fits the parts.

You take it home and drive 500kms round trip getting back to him and then it is not covered.

Why is your lawyer getting involved?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I think he is doing you a favor. By keeping the car at his workshop he is ensuring the car is still below 120000 Km when he fits the parts.

You take it home and drive 500kms round trip getting back to him and then it is not covered.

Why is your lawyer getting involved?

+1

tonyB

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You're getting a very expensive repair done just in time before your warranty expires.

Does the warranty cover say you're entitled to a loan car?

If not, then why not just consider yourself lucky you caught the problem last month and not next month when it would have been an unpleasant Christmas present?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses.

So first it was actually explained to me that they would leave the work order open so I could drive the vehicle and though it would be over the 120,000 when I returned it would obviously still be covered since the work order remains open.

As for the lawyer VW has an obligation to its customers to have an adequate supply of warranty parts made available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts