Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for the installation instructions for 7P1055203 Touareg Trailer Hitch Electrical Installation Kit & Module. I have two Touareg's, 2011 and 2012. The 2012 is a TDI buy didn't come with a trailer hitch installed. My 11 VR6 does have the hitch and controller. Because the TDI is better for towing I want to move the hitch and controller from the gasser to the TDI. I checked and the TDI has the wiring preinstalled however I don't know where the three plug connector, see photo, is installed or if it's even installed on the 2011. And if anyone has a spare kit for sale I want to buy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
I'm not following either one of you..... the towing module is at the rear right, behind the trim panel below the rear side window..... is that what you guys are trying to "find"?

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,052 Posts
Clearly it's required.... parts that aren't required aren't usually part of a kit. That's the CAN BUS y splitter.... without it, you won't be communicating with the trailer module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few months ago I was able to swap the trailer module from my 2011 to my 2012. I updated the coding in the various other modules to tell my 2012 that the trailer module was installed but I couldn't connect to the trailer module using VCDS. After looking at the wiring diagram and the wiring in the right rear of the Touareg, where the module is installed, I found the wiring splitter I originally asked about. It is a little further forward of the module, behind the right rear panel. Without instructions, I figured I would swap the connection at the split end. This allowed VCDS to connect to the trailer module. So my conclusion was that on the Touareg this splitter is not needed, it's already installed. It must be used on other models that need it. I hope this answers anyone's else curiosity and confusion about this part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts