Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So awhile ago I noticed I was missing this on the passenger side of my radiator Here I was lucky enough to actually find it jammed into a corner today beside my air intake. Now I notice that it requires a bolt through the back of it to keep it attached to the front grill area. My drivers side one is missing too or else I would just use that to compare. Anyone know what size / length bolt this is? I see it has treading on the inside of this mounting bracket so last thing I want to do is **** up the treads with the wrong size bolt / screw.

I am also curious if I really need the clip that goes though the mounting bracket and the radiator mounting bushing or if I could just fasten something with a bolt?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not a standard fastener... just go grab it at the dealer.... it will only cost a dollar or three WHT003956
View attachment 251428
Hey I am not looking for the bracket I am looking for the bolt that is used to attached this bracket to the front grill / rack area. I would love to go to the dealer even if I had to pay 10$ for this .50$ bolt but they are 500miles away.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
1,690 Posts
You asked about the fastener.
I told you it's not standard (read, you can't go to hardware store and get a 1/4-20*1 off the shelf) and gave you a part number to either order it online or to look it up so that you understand the problem.....
You responded with I'm not looking for the bracket... Totally irrelevant, so I asked to to actually look at and read what I posted.....
Now you're barking about not being helpful?

Did you expect me to come out to your stix to deliver it for you? Or to build a local shop that specializes in VAG screws close to you? How am I not being helpful?

Pull up your skirt, retap the block for a standard pitch fastener, use an insert, figure something out. I don't know what miracle answer you're expecting here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You asked about the fastener.
I told you it's not standard (read, you can't go to hardware store and get a 1/4-20*1 off the shelf) and gave you a part number to either order it online or to look it up so that you understand the problem.....
You responded with I'm not looking for the bracket... Totally irrelevant, so I asked to to actually look at and read what I posted.....
Now you're barking about not being helpful?

Did you expect me to come out to your stix to deliver it for you? Or to build a local shop that specializes in VAG screws close to you? How am I not being helpful?

Pull up your skirt, retap the block for a standard pitch fastener, use an insert, figure something out. I don't know what miracle answer you're expecting here.
Just expecting some help but I just get these super sarcastic replies from trolls. Lets go Brandon!

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,886 Posts
Settle down guys......
Unless you tell us differently, then (most) people will assume you are able to resource items from a dealer (locally). If not locally, then (and I notice this from the other side of the world nwhen I search for parts etc), U.S.A dealerships are happy to sell online. No doubt, over the phone or by email service would be similar.
So, here's a thought.
@SaVAGeSoot has provided you @iliketurtles54904 with a wise 'caution' in respect to your search for a suitable item to re-attach the bracket to the radiator cross member support.
Now that you are armed with such important information, together with part numbers for the piece/s you have, wouldn't it be a simple matter of phoning/emailing your nearest dealership and see if they can help?
That's what I'd do....unless I have missed something here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts