Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using an adhesive heater on the oil pan? It’s a thin pad with adhesive backing that will afix to oil pan. Also is there room for an electric battery wrap? Just wanting to make it easier to fire up in the morning, wife has a shorter commute to work (16 Kms) and if I could bring it to op temp sooner would only be better. She has a tendency to roll out on the starter and mash the fuel peddle, so I can only see warmer oil/block to be an advantage. No garage, inside shop to store it.... and the oil pan heater seems like a reasonable solution for warming up the block and oil.

Suggestion appreciated,

j

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Please put your location and model [even though it's in your signature!] in the little box under your user name so others can help you better.

Go to USER CP near the top of the page and select EDIT YOUR DETAILS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’d suggest the Canadian Polar Pad....good product & can be found on Amazon.ca.
I might end up putting one on our Touareg as it can get colder than -40c here but ours is garage kept & won’t ever be sitting out in the cold longer than a few hours ever.
As far as a battery blanket, I don’t think you will need one as the battery is somewhat sealed under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have a pad heater on mine. It does nearly nothing. I installed a circulating heater (1000W Philips and Temro from Frostheater.com) and it is much better. Cost was only a bit more than the pad heater. I run mine on a timer to come on 2-3 hours before I leave in the morning depending on the ambient temperatures. Install was simple. She starts at -35°C easily.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
As long as your battery is reasonably new, it should be good. I do not believe there is room for a battery blanket. Plus it would be a fire hazard under the driver's seat.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Nothing like a nice car-b-q

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a pad heater on mine. It does nearly nothing. I installed a circulating heater (1000W Philips and Temro from Frostheater.com) and it is much better. Cost was only a bit more than the pad heater. I run mine on a timer to come on 2-3 hours before I leave in the morning depending on the ambient temperatures. Install was simple. She starts at -35°C easily.
Did you install the frost heater on your 2013 Touareg?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
There is no Frostheater available for the 2013+ TDI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts