Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,041 Posts
Bunch of DBAGS here.
We're not though, everyone who has commented on this thread is very helpful. Most have even helped me with my past issues.

This forum is extremely welcoming, it's the things you said that where off putting. You're not getting 50WHP off a tune. It's impossible. Tuning is just recalibrating the ECU...
"I'll just buy another one". People where giving you their advice that you asked for. We've all had past experiences with the VW dealers and VW warranty's. I still don't understand the reasoning behind tuning a car that you just got voiding the warranty.

·
Banned
3,302 Posts
Dude, where's my warranty? :D

·
Banned
3,302 Posts
I don't know man, but do you have a transmorgifying flux capacitor to fix my car???

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Sorry bruh, I just used the last one to tune my stock 2L TDI .... In now sounds like a sick V12 yo!

·
Registered
2012 3.0 TDI LUX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Update: changed out the original rib belt (serpentine) that was 8 years and 143,000 miles old. Cost $330 from Wausau, WI VW dealer

Let me tell you!! I don’t know what the mechanic did or if the old belt really affected things, but HOT DAMN she is a [email protected]@ing ROCKET now!

An hour after hitting road after the new belt I turned off the radio and instantly noticed more intake growl. As well as instant acceleration response. And when you drop the hammer 🔨 the growl from the turbo is louder than the exhaust! Rocket!

I literally called the VW and complimented them and the mechanic, compliments to the chef! Literally saying that

I did flash the Kerma tune and didn’t noticed much of difference. But after the new rib belt and what else the mechanic did....HOT DAYUMN!

It was nice to see the mechanic take it our first a test ride to see how she was running before and after. The service manager didn’t say anything about the ecu being flashed, and I probed a bit without coming out and saying it. So that’s cool.

Tori the BEAST!

Oh yeah we hit the ditch on a glare ice downhill turn locked up and slid for about 150 feet. SlickAF. Some small cosmetic damage no broken lights or any mechanical issues. First ditch in 20 years and hopefully last for another 20!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Lol, sounds like the tune adaptation finally finished. The new belt. 😂

In all seriousness though, maybe some codes were cleared as well? Hard to say why you had no noticeable difference at first but I’ve always gotten a health check prior to tuning to ensure no issues are present. Glad to hear it’s rocking your world now though.

The Kerma tune on my 2.0 liter TDI always makes me smile; can’t wait to get it on my 3.0 liter someday.

Side note: I had a Kerma tune on my 2011 Q7 TDI some years ago and it was decent but that thing was sooo heavy and it was their first attempt; I think my tune was just beyond a beta as the T3 Touareg ECU hadn’t even been cracked yet by them. I was told they’ve really dialed it in on the engine in my 16.

See, we’re not all DB’s. Ya just gotta go get some lube for some of the rough riders around here, especially since they know their stuff. Oh, and make sure you know yours next time, lol.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts

·
Banned
3,302 Posts
I'm not sure what belt he got, because a OEM Conti CATA belt is only ~$26 or so!

Due to his invoice, they probably installed the belt from a CNRB and tuned it, so right off the bat he picked up another 16hp pre tuning.... probably closer to 40 by the time they were done.

For those who are local to WI..... you guys should hit up this dealer to get some extra ponies!

·
Registered
2012 3.0 TDI LUX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'm not sure what belt he got, because a OEM Conti CATA belt is only ~$26 or so!

Due to his invoice, they probably installed the belt from a CNRB and tuned it, so right off the bat he picked up another 16hp pre tuning.... probably closer to 40 by the time they were done.

For those who are local to WI..... you guys should hit up this dealer to get some extra ponies!
F*ck you @ TurboDB !!

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
🤣🤣🤣

41 - 55 of 55 Posts