Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,041 Posts
Here is who you are dealing with.... Guess “slipping a hundred to look the other way is par for the course with this tuner. Also the EPA was in Salt Lake City. Look up Diesel Brothers...

Don't be so negative. They only went after the Diesel Brothers because they are well know. It wouldn't happen to a random. They where just making examples out of them

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,041 Posts
No. Dealership can see flash count is off.

Doesn't work that way. Volkswagen Germany will see the flash count doesn't match and deny service. Td1 does way over the local dealers head.

Research td1 rejections. They're everywhere.

Somewhat true. It goes to VW Germany for the big Warranty claims, they could look the other way but 9/10 they won't. It's more the techs that have the power to void the warranty

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,041 Posts
I wouldn't roll the dice, esp on a new/ used car to you. You haven't had it long enough to find out all the kinks. They can count how many times the ECU has been flashed.

I've had a non official TD1 on my Audi A4, because I added a custom exhaust to it. I bought the Audi brand new and had the Exhaust put a week later. Never had an issue with the exhaust, but I did have an issue with after a snowstorm, it was a big fight with the tech who was working on my car after I spent $650 to have the issue fixed and it wasn't solved. He blamed my exhaust ( It wasn't). The dealer told me my car's warranty was voided....

How did you score one with a warranty for that super low price? IMO it's not worth voiding a VW warranty. 2 years early.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Somewhat true. It goes to VW Germany for the big Warranty claims, they could look the other way but 9/10 they won't. It's more the techs that have the power to void the warranty
The process to td1 is super complicated. There is a post on Audizine I believe it is where it's explained very in depth but yes techs can manually flag a car also, but it's also possible for mothership to flag a car and the local techs and dealership never even know it

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,041 Posts
The process to td1 is super complicated. There is a post on Audizine I believe it is where it's explained very in depth but yes techs can manually flag a car also, but it's also possible for mothership to flag a car and the local techs and dealership never even know it

You are correct, I prob have come across that thread as well at some point.

I think the bottom line is, it's not worth it because you're 99% going to get caught

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Agreed. I guess it depends if you care to have a warranty or not lol

·
Registered
2012 3.0 TDI LUX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for everyone's posts about the Tune. Just flashed it. About to take it for maiden voyage.

If I break I'll buy a new one.

·
Registered
2012 3.0 TDI LUX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How did you score one with a warranty for that super low price? IMO it's not worth voiding a VW warranty. 2 years early.
I researched cars for two months knowing I was returning to the states after 5 years in Thailand. After tons of research this had what i was looking for: 4x4, decent HP, good torque, good looks, roomy, tow package, and great MPG. I didn't even know about the factory warranty! Double bonus.
There were three at one dealer in the chicago area I test drove that were all POS. There was one left at another dealer I checked out the next day. Test drove it....felt like brand new car. Paint is 95% good shape. Interior 90%. Scorpion Verdes with 90% tread I'll use for summer. Got lucky I guess! Second owner bought from VW after recall (through dealer).

What a ride!! Best car I've ever driven or owned.

·
Registered
2012 3.0 TDI LUX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It’s your car, have at it. Please report your thoughts on the tune. Power? Mpg change, etc etc. Merry Christmas!!
Power = BEAST (on the roads that aren't covered in slush/snow)
Sound = Muscle Car'ish
MPG = TBD but initial readings look great!
Satisfaction = 11 out of 10 stars......so far

Review on going.....

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Power = BEAST (on the roads that aren't covered in slush/snow)
Sound = Muscle Car'ish
MPG = TBD but initial readings look great!
Satisfaction = 11 out of 10 stars......so far

Review on going.....
Lol, for sure. It went from a ~9 second 0-60 car to a solid 7.5-8 second car now 😜

·
Registered
2012 3.0 TDI LUX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Lol, for sure. It went from a ~9 second 0-60 car to a solid 7.5-8 second car now 😜
I don't really care about those numbers. But I do care about:

-Better Throttle response
-Less lag from the turbo (instant turbo response)
-MPG increases up to 10% on long distance driving
+50whp and +80wtq on the DYNO (wheeled Power not Crank)
- More power in Mid and Top end RPM range

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Definitely not wheel horse power. In fact you probably have a touch less than 50 crank hp with a tune alone.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,041 Posts
My first IGNORE (and hopefully last). Bye bye. Enjoy trolling others.
He wasn't trolling you. WHP and CHP are two different things. Do you have the Dyno for the 50 WHP? Or the screenshot of where it said 50 WHP? Could provided that for others that are looking for a tune.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My first IGNORE (and hopefully last). Bye bye. Enjoy trolling others.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: oh no, another snowflake that doesn't like the truth

He wasn't trolling you. WHP and CHP are two different things. Do you have the Dyno for the 50 WHP? Or the screenshot of where it said 50 WHP? Could provided that for others that are looking for a tune.
^truth. Been around Touaregs, Volkswagen and building cars long enough. That 2012 did NOT gain 50 wheel OR crank HP. Guarantee it. A dyno or a couple rips down the local track would back up what I'm saying.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
🤷‍♂️

21 - 40 of 55 Posts