Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there fellow club members! Chris here from VW of Langhorne located 30 minutes north of Phila Int'l Air}

I would like to offer club members any 2011 VW Touareg for dealer invoice MINUS the 2% holdback TOO.

Here is an example pkg:

Order Configuration
Model Year:2011
Model:7P52J3 TOUAREG TDI SPORT 3.0L
AUTOMATIC W/4MOTION
Exterior Color:R6R6 CAMPANELLA WHITE
Interior Color:BJ BLACK ANTHRACITE V-TEX LEATHERETTE
Options:1D6 TRAILER HITCH
TRM TOUAREG MAT KIT - RUBBER MATS (SET OF 4) Estimated Total MSRP $49,505 WVGFK9BP7BD001981
Dealer Stock

MSRP=$49505
Dealer Invoice=$47036
My price at invoice MINUS the 2% holdback of $971 would be $46065 + $100 DOC fee + $10 temp tag.

ANy incentives from VW or VW Credit would also be passed along to you!

Here is a gasser example:

Order Configuration
Model Year:2011
Model:7P5303 TOUAREG LUX 3.6L AUTOMATIC W/4MOTION
Exterior Color:9N9N DARK FLINT METALLIC
Interior Color:KK SADDLE BROWN LEATHER Options:1D6 TRAILER HITCH
TRM TOUAREG MAT KIT - RUBBER MATS (SET OF 4) WVGFF9BP5BD002857
Dealer Stock

MSRP=$49855
Dealer Invoice=$47368 MINUS the 2% holdback of $981=$46387 + $100 DOC fee + $10 temp tag

All incentives from VW or VW Credit passed along if any!

Thank you for your consideration!

Chris

Chris Farnham
[email protected]
215-741-4100

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Welcome back stranger... haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Chris, those look like good deals for one who wants a 2011, but I have to say that I am still very happy with the 2010 you found for me.
However, maybe in a few more years!

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome back stranger... haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.
Yes,

Thank you for the welcome back. I had a scare about 5 months ago when I went into the hospital for heart failure!

Since then I was just primaririly concentrating on my diesel business on the TdiClub.

Now I am back with my best foot foward trying to EARN some business!

Chris

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Holy crap!!! I hope everything is okay. It's good to see you posting again and will say a little prayer that your ticker keeps you up and running!!!!!

·
My God,it's full of stars
5,765 Posts
Welcome back Chris! Your health is your primary asset, the rest you can finagle. Take care of yourself.

BTW I do have a question for you:

With you infinite connections (as I seem to get nowhere at VW NA) with this, perhaps you could find out whether: one could pick up a V8 TDI in Europe and schlep it back to the US?
They'd of course go through you @ Langhorne...
Stay warm,

siberian

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome back Chris! Your health is your primary asset, the rest you can finagle. Take care of yourself.

BTW I do have a question for you:

With you infinite connections (as I seem to get nowhere at VW NA) with this, perhaps you could find out whether: one could pick up a V8 TDI in Europe and schlep it back to the US?
They'd of course go through you @ Langhorne...
Stay warm,

siberian
Thank you for the welcome back!

As far as any connections, I can tell you pretty much w/out calling that VW of America is not going to step up to any import from Europe!

I have done a few transactions to Europe, however, never the other way around!

Chris

·
5,765 Posts
No I don't care about VWNA what I'm concerned about is:

CAN ONE HOMOLOGATE (meaning register) a V8 TDI that is bought in Europe whether the geniuses at VW NA or not bless this. Back in the day, don't know if it's still the case, you needed to have a vehicle crash tested before it could be imported. Exceptions were made for any import predating 1965 or something. Thus if you got hold of a 1957 MB 300SL GW you could import it. Thus my question

siberian

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I don't care about VWNA what I'm concerned about is:

CAN ONE HOMOLOGATE (meaning register) a V8 TDI that is bought in Europe whether the geniuses at VW NA or not bless this. Back in the day, don't know if it's still the case, you needed to have a vehicle crash tested before it could be imported. Exceptions were made for any import predating 1965 or something. Thus if you got hold of a 1957 MB 300SL GW you could import it. Thus my question

siberian
This I do not know my friend! I have only exported in my carreer, never imported.

I would try a forum that deals in high end cars maybe!

Chris

·
5,765 Posts
OK, guess you're not interested. Shame I venture that if you could you'd have a few people here more interested in a V8 TDI than a V6 TDI...

Stay warm

siberian

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, guess you're not interested. Shame I venture that if you could you'd have a few people here more interested in a V8 TDI than a V6 TDI...

Stay warm

siberian
Siberian,

I take offense to that! It is not that I am not interested. I simply told you that I have no experience in importing vehicles.

I sell new VW's to folks all around the country!

Chris

·
Super Moderator
9,465 Posts
Siberian, it has been said numerous times why we are more then likely not getting it and has nothing to do with no interest in it. Cost to get it certified here and not recouping that cost during the sale of it since it would probably have to be a higher price to get that cost back.

Don't bash Chris on this subject when he told you it is not his area. Chris has done a lot of good on these boards for many people including myself.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Re: importing a vehicle that was never originally sold here, here is a clip from the US border patrol website:

If a vehicle is unable to meet the emission standards, hasn’t passed the US safety (crash-control) and bumper tests, or doesn’t meet the US theft prevention standards, it is refused entry or is destroyed at the port of entry.

If anyone was interested I think the two best places (in the US) to contact would be:
Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
and
CBP.gov - home page

For Canadians the site to go through is
Registrar of Imported Vehicles

I know for a fact the only way to import a vehicle into Canada is if it is sold in the US, otherwise if you attempt to import a vehicle that has never been certified for emissions or crash testing in the US or Canada, customs sends it back to country of origin or if you can't afford return transport they crush it out.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: importing a vehicle that was never originally sold here, here is a clip from the US border patrol website:

If a vehicle is unable to meet the emission standards, hasn’t passed the US safety (crash-control) and bumper tests, or doesn’t meet the US theft prevention standards, it is refused entry or is destroyed at the port of entry.

If anyone was interested I think the two best places (in the US) to contact would be:
Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
and
CBP.gov - home page

For Canadians the site to go through is
Registrar of Imported Vehicles

I know for a fact the only way to import a vehicle into Canada is if it is sold in the US, otherwise if you attempt to import a vehicle that has never been certified for emissions or crash testing, customs sends it back to country of origin or if you can't afford return transport they crush it out.
Now lets get back to selling some new Touareg's!

Chris

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Chris, welcome back...glad to hear health is back to normal!

·
5,765 Posts
That's what I was trying to get across to him - sell Touaregs. If it isn't worth a little research then that's it. If I ever get into the market, I'll do my own research and I have an idea as to how to do it. Where there's a will there's a way.

I know if I ever get interested in a diesel it won't be a V6, not after having driven a V8 and the CFO's V6 for two years.

Thanx for your time and welcome back

siberian

·
Super Moderator
9,465 Posts
There is a big difference between your wifes V6 and the TDI V6. You know the TDI is not about HP, but rather torque. Drive one before you put it down. :)

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
The V6 TDI is sweet, I'm looking at buying one as a replacement for the jetta tdi..trying to decide between a used '09/'10 or picking up one of the new ones. thanks for posting some great deals Chris.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The V6 TDI is sweet, I'm looking at buying one as a replacement for the jetta tdi..trying to decide between a used '09/'10 or picking up one of the new ones. thanks for posting some great deals Chris.
Get an old one! I don't care what people keep saying about the new one... If you factor in the huge savings on a used '09/'10, to me the choice is easy! A used one with 5, 10, even 15-20k miles can be had for a LOT less...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts