Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a MY11 Touareg. I have been playing music back from my iPhone through Bluetooth... gotta say the audio quality in this thing is not that great. Not impressed by the volume or clarity.

Would I have a better experience playing music through the iPod/iPhone connector? I'd need a lightning adapter.

What upgrades or mods have people done to their systems to get better sound quality?

·
Registered
590 Posts
VinnySem,

Which Trim level do you have?

Also make sure the volume on your bluetooth is almost all the way up (all the way up may clip).

I've also found that an SD card gives direct digital playback. Have you tried putting some of your better sounding audio on an SD card for playback?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a VR6 FSI Sport *Ltd Avail* (whatever that means). I believe it's just the standard audio, not the Dynaudio.

I will try putting some tracks on an Sd card and see what that sounds like.

After reading through some threads, I think I am going to get a VCDS setup and perform the audio mod (as well as some others perhaps) and if that doesn't get it to where I want, look into the aftermarket add-ons a few owners on here have done. My previous car was an '07 Benz e350 with the H/K sound system that was amazing, and the car before that I had a Nissan Maxima with the Bose system. So yeah, I'm a bit spoiled.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have to say the Dynaudio sounds pretty good. I wouldn't give it a 10/10 (but probably a 9.5/10). Before I bought my '13 Exec I test drove a Lux and felt the audio was just 'ok'. I then test drove the Exec and did the bluetooth pair with my phone and tried a few of my favorite songs (Jazz and electronic). It sounded pretty good and was one reason I picked the Exec.

I then tried to do the update and am stuck with a half working RNS850.

The one thing that bothers me on the RNS850 is VW not giving me a true EQ. They give 4 profiles plus a custom with trebble and bass adjustment. I have been looking at possibly replacing the amp with something better and have already ordered a Pioneer compact sub (not too expensive so I'll see how good or bad it is). My plan is to hide the Pioneer sub under the rear center seat (possibly with some shims to get me the extra 1/4" clearance I think I'll need). Interfacing it to the system will be a challenge (perhaps).

Had I bought a Lux I would have ended up replacing the whole system with aftermarket. I have made a post of MOST digital interfaces for the amp. I'm not sure if all second gen Touaregs have digital optical interfaces to the RNS850 or if it is specific to the Dynaudio.

From what I'm seeing an interface is needed and an amp. Interfaces are available with optical out (TOSLINK) or RCAs. I prefer digital to a good amp with DSP like the ones listed earlier in this thread....

I'm not audiophile or expert, nor have I done an upgrade. I'm not totally sure what is required. But the quest is the fun part...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts