Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum! Have owned BMW's all my life but recently transitioned to a Tregg! So far love this car but looking for more power. Just purchased the DPF/ADblue delete from Rawtek. Do i need to do an EGR delete or is this included in the deletes i purchased? Tried doing some forums searching and couldn't find a concrete answer. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a link to what i purchased. Also going to go with a stage 2 malone tune. Touareg & Q7 (2009+) & Porsche Cayenne DPF/Adblue Delete Parts Kit (Tuning required)

·
Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
New to this forum! Have owned BMW's all my life but recently transitioned to a Tregg! So far love this car but looking for more power. Just purchased the DPF/ADblue delete from Rawtek. Do i need to do an EGR delete or is this included in the deletes i purchased?
You not only don't need it, but it would be actually illegal to delete the EGR, as would be the DPF/AdBlue delete to begin with, which are all strictly forbidden by federal law on any vehicle driven on public roads. Also, this seems to be a hardware only kit, which if you'd install in place of the original stuff, you car would essentially become undriveable, because of all the faults it would detect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info!

You not only don't need it, but it would be actually illegal to delete the EGR, as would be the DPF/AdBlue delete to begin with, which are all strictly forbidden by federal law on any vehicle driven on public roads. Also, this seems to be a hardware only kit, which if you'd install in place of the original stuff, you car would essentially become undriveable, because of all the faults it would detect.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
There are hardware delete kits and tuning only deletes available

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
With all due respect to everyone here, emission deletes are an issue that the forum is going to have to address sooner or later.

Some of the members here that were alive in the late 80's will remember when satellite tv piracy was a thing. You could buy an illegal de-scrambler from everywhere. They were advertised in magazines. Local stores put out advertising signs. Illegal descramblers were so easy get that some people did not even consider the fact that they might be illegal. Then one day, BOOM. The legal system awakes and the arrests started.

So far, the enforcement on emission deletes has been very small scale, but we could be facing the day that the after market suppliers are shut down, their customer lists confiscated, and the entire topic becomes toxic.

Consider the fact that until very recently that car companies had never faced a major problem with emission compliance. Sure, there were violations, but a small easily digested fine and perhaps a small recall and then it was "Business as Normal" for the auto manufacturers.

Then one day, BOOM. The legal system awakes and the arrests and massive fines started.

The EPA began increasing its focus on aftermarket defeat devices before this NCI was formally initiated. In FY 2019, the EPA resolved approximately 17 civil enforcement cases concerning tampering and aftermarket defeat devices, bringing the total to approximately 50 such cases resolved starting with FY 2017. These cases addressed alleged violations by manufacturers, retailers, and installers of aftermarket defeat devices. The EPA is also taking criminal enforcement for alleged crimes associated with tampering and aftermarket defeat devices. In addition, the EPA has conducted extensive outreach and engagement with stakeholders to describe the Clean Air Act violations EPA has identified in the course of enforcement work, and to collaborate on ways to strategically achieve compliance.

Contact Us to ask a question, provide feedback, or report a problem.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,109 Posts
With all due respect to everyone here, emission deletes are an issue that the forum is going to have to address sooner or later.
Not sure what you are expecting the 'forum' to address.
If it is censorship, then you would also have to call to account discussions held in private, within common interest groups (i.e car club meetings), the 'per chance' conversation with someone in the street and the examples go on and on.
The forum is nothing more than a facilitation of like minded people with a common interest discussing various subjects within the format of an online community. Not sure how you expect the forum to address that.
The forum does not sell goods, nor does the forum distribute under a brand name items or procedures. Members are free to comment and discuss provided that the thrust and detail of their contribution is in keeping with the terms of their membership that we have all agreed to when we joined.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yes Steve, agreed, the forum is doing exactly as it should, that is to provide an unbiased hosting of a communication means between others of similar interests.

The "addressing" of this delete issue is not for this place to deal with.

Pete.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
People need to lay off about the deletes crap. It's a free country, the USA is anyhow. May i suggest going to North Korea or Vietnam if that style of government better fits you?

·
Registered
303 Posts
People need to lay off about the deletes crap. It's a free country, the USA is anyhow. May i suggest going to North Korea or Vietnam if that style of government better fits you?
No we don’t need to lay off about deletes. It’s part of our emissions laws and should be enforced. Your free country comment is just about the stupidest thing I’ve read on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
No we don’t need to lay off about deletes. It’s part of our emissions laws and should be enforced. Your free country comment is just about the stupidest thing I’ve read on this forum.

I'm sorry, are you a fed and you're coming to arrest me? I'll wait.

Oh, wait... You're not? Then **** off.

I seem to recall somebody banned very recently for going on and on and trolling the forum with their stupid anti deletes commentary nonstop 🤔

Reactions: Vaughan Manders

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nope, not going to F-off and not going to go away. Your comment about being free and implying that because we are free we should allow anyone (including VW dieselgate by your logic) to modify their emissions controls is still the stupidest thing I've read on this forum.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That's your opinion. Noted. Now stop spamming the forum and drop it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's your opinion. Noted. Now stop spamming the forum and drop it.
Commenting on exactly one comment on one DPL thread is not exactly spamming. I’ll continue to comment on any thread and any topic with my opinion despite your attempts to bully me or anyone else (your go live in another country) off this forum. So quit your bullying.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,109 Posts
We're going 'off topic' guys.
Take it to personal messaging please.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts