Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lately I have had couple of times ”stop, running gear issue” alarm but it goes away after restart. According to vcds alarm codes it might be one of level sensors. Vehicle stays on normal height so its not top of my todo list...

·
Registered
2011 Touareg V6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Has anybody made any progress in finding cause and solution for this yet?
Hi! I haven't had any more problems with mine, but I'm not sure what the reason is. It has gotten a little bit milder temperatures, but I have still had -10 an even some more.

I cleaned my car in a heated and very dry indoor facility here the other day, and I rode the suspension from "Load" to "Offroad special" several times. I was thinking this might dry up a bit inside the compressor. Not sure if this has helped or if its the milder temperatures doing it.

Currently I'm not planning to do any big fixing, as it's working ok for now.

Anyone know where the air intake for the compressor is? I was thinking maybe I could make sure that the air coming in is dry, by placing some silica or similar there. Think i read somewhere online that the intake is in the trunk, but I haven't seen anything.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg Hybrid
27 Posts
I believe it is taken from the same as the engines air intake so it is filtered.

But if the system is working as intended it should not be using air from the atmosphere.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg V6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I believe it is taken from the same as the engines air intake so it is filtered.

But if the system is working as intended it should not be using air from the atmosphere.
What air should does it use? As far as I understand, it's not a closed system on my model.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg Hybrid
27 Posts
If you have a 7P 2011-2018 it is a closed system that has originally been filled with nitrogen. If needed it will refill itself with atmospheric air and over the course of 10 years it might be that most of the nitrogen has been replaced with air.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg V6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If you have a 7P 2011-2018 it is a closed system that has originally been filled with nitrogen. If needed it will refill itself with atmospheric air and over the course of 10 years it might be that most of the nitrogen has been replaced with air.
I’m not saying it’s this or that, but I’ve asked several workshops if they can refill the system with nitrogen and all of them have asked what I’m talking about.

I’ve also been in contact with bagpipingandy(.com, who sells repair kits for compressors) and sent pictures of the labels on my compressor. According to him/they, it’s not a closed loop system.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg Hybrid
27 Posts
Overview of components
For the first time, the air suspension system on the Touareg 2011 is a closed system. The closed system has the following advantages compared with the open system:
● Reduction of the storage volume required for the air system
● Air exchanged only between air spring dampers and pressure accumulator during normal regulation
● Clearly lower pressure difference during regulation
● Use of a smaller compressor that weighs less, runs quieter and consumes less power

Taken from Self-study Programme 469

·
Registered
2011 Touareg V6
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Overview of components
For the first time, the air suspension system on the Touareg 2011 is a closed system. The closed system has the following advantages compared with the open system:
● Reduction of the storage volume required for the air system
● Air exchanged only between air spring dampers and pressure accumulator during normal regulation
● Clearly lower pressure difference during regulation
● Use of a smaller compressor that weighs less, runs quieter and consumes less power

Taken from Self-study Programme 469
aha! Great info, thanks! How can double check for sure that I have the 7p? And what is this self study programme?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts