Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new Touareg owner. Just bought yesterday. 2011 TDI Lux with 58k miles..AMAZING vehicle...My car has trunk struts/springs that are sticky and trunk hardly opens/closes only with manual help. I think the gas filled struts/springs need replaced. I looked at the number on struts: 7P6827851 B as part number. Cannot find online, ebay, etc...Anyone know where to get these online? Does not uave to be OEM. Are these easy to replace? I would rather do myself. Looks simple. Thanks for help. Pumped to be a Touareg owner!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Do you have the electric open/close hatch, or the regular manual open/close hatch? The part number you posted is for the electric hatch. If you have the manual hatch, you need 7P6-827-550 which are available on rock auto, eBay, FCP Euro, Amazon, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks chewblekka..Yes, I do have the electric hatch. I figured I would replace with the same electric.

The sticky strut itself has the 7P6827851B code engraved on it. I did extensive search online but I could not find it being sold.
The closest aftermarket I found on amazon has an item number of 7P6827851D, which differs only in letter D, and seems almost identical to what I is on my SUV...

So, I was thinking to get that and see if it fits...
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The letter suffix on VW part numbers indicates that a part has been uprated or the supplier has changed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey team, so i need to replace my rear lid electric shocks aswell due to it stopping on the up and down motion. i can get it to close but i need to assist it.... kinda annoying TBH.

However because im Australian everything costs a stupid amount of money.

Best i can find them is $500 from a wrecker.

So my question is, can you rebuild one of this electric shocks?

cheers for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts