Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
WVGFK9BP6CD001603 is the VIN.
I was under the impression that the 2011 and 2012 had the same CATA engine. My wife is off in the VW currently or I would go look at it and take a picture. I think that the oil filter is towards the middle of the engine, but I have slept since the last time I looked so I could not be certain.
I will take a picture of it as I would like to be sure what I have in the car.

Thanks,

J.D. Barron
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Car Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
WVGFK9BP6CD001603 is the VIN.
I was under the impression that the 2011 and 2012 had the same CATA engine. My wife is off in the VW currently or I would go look at it and take a picture.
J.D. Barron View attachment 251412
2011 was the first year of the CNRB in the states, it’s split between CATA and that engine. If the photo above is of your engine then you have a CATA and it’s a virtual tank IMO we have seen less issues out of the CATA then we have the CNRB

·
Registered
139 Posts
"it’s a virtual tank IMO" , this makes me feel much better. I also have a 2011 CATA that I hope to get many miles out of. Mines deleted and tuned, so no more adblue or dpf worries.

·
Registered
Current Vehicle #1 - 2012 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI CATA Current Vehicle #2 - 2014 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI CNRB
326 Posts
2011 was the first year of the CNRB in the states, it’s split between CATA and that engine. If the photo above is of your engine then you have a CATA and it’s a virtual tank IMO we have seen less issues out of the CATA then we have the CNRB
Do you have proof of that? All information published that I see states that the CATA engine was available in North America from 2009 to 2012.

The CNRB was not available in either the Audi or VW vehicles until MY 2013.

I would say that I highly doubt the emissions settlement that went through the courts would have allowed such an error to pass through due to all the scrutiny and the fact that the CATA engine had to get an agreement with CARB and the EPA to allow a modified emissions fix because they could not meet the original specifications. The CNRB on the other hand was able to meet the required emissions standards for its MY. There zero information stating that there are 2 different engine codes available for 2011-2012.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a question about the recall on the DPF. Was this a part of the settlement or a different issue?
I wonder of this was done when VW returned the Touaregs to service or was there a service bulletin.
My car has 97,000 miles when it was modded and now has 147,000 miles so the warranty from the settlement has run it's course, but if there is a recall or service bulletin that applies I would want to know.
Thansk,

J.D. Barron

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Do you have proof of that? All information published that I see states that the CATA engine was available in North America from 2009 to 2012.

The CNRB was not available in either the Audi or VW vehicles until MY 2013.

I would say that I highly doubt the emissions settlement that went through the courts would have allowed such an error to pass through due to all the scrutiny and the fact that the CATA engine had to get an agreement with CARB and the EPA to allow a modified emissions fix because they could not meet the original specifications. The CNRB on the other hand was able to meet the required emissions standards for its MY. There zero information stating that there are 2 different engine codes available for 2011-2012.

working for a dealer, you see all kinds of things. My boss has a 2012 with a CNRB. Car is titled as a 12 vin runs as a 12. I can’t say much more to you on it then this is what I see. I’ve seen 11s with them as well. It’s the same with the Passat 2.0 diesel. In its run in the states it had options of 3 different engines an I have placed my hands on all 3.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have a question about the recall on the DPF. Was this a part of the settlement or a different issue?
I wonder of this was done when VW returned the Touaregs to service or was there a service bulletin.
My car has 97,000 miles when it was modded and now has 147,000 miles so the warranty from the settlement has run it's course, but if there is a recall or service bulletin that applies I would want to know.
Thansk,

J.D. Barron
There’s no recall on the touaregs that I am aware of that would require replacement of the DPF. For a period of time VW was repairing pre existing conditions for the cars that had the emissions recall. They only thing in literature is after 100k they recommend checking the soot load every 10k miles till the dpf is no longer serviceable

·
Registered
Current Vehicle #1 - 2012 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI CATA Current Vehicle #2 - 2014 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI CNRB
326 Posts
working for a dealer, you see all kinds of things. My boss has a 2012 with a CNRB. Car is titled as a 12 vin runs as a 12. I can’t say much more to you on it then this is what I see. I’ve seen 11s with them as well. It’s the same with the Passat 2.0 diesel. In its run in the states it had options of 3 different engines an I have placed my hands on all 3.
Post your the VIN of your boss' vehicle......

41 - 49 of 49 Posts