Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone says they are covered under the warranty, mines expired. I have 403k miles. I work at a dealership and am trying to see if anyone knows of a place to get the injectors for a better price. The price of a complete set of injectors is abit hard to swallow and I am at a point that I need a set. Not knocking it, they are the original set, they have just finally got tired.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There’s no believing, I’m a master vw tech, I’ve gone through the entire system and am getting contribution faults on multiple cylinders. Compression and fuel are spot on the injector set points 1 2 and 3 are all out of wack sadly. It’s causing random idle and drive ability issues.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'm not suggesting you don't need them, I'm trying to learn what tells you that you do.
Can you share your codes or MVBs for the rest of us?
What's the part you're after and what is your current price you can get through your source?
059130855HX?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem at all, just an fyi the hx injectors are remain from Bosch, and are more expensive then the new counter parts that are also listed and end in AM, and the last set of reman injectors I put in a customer car lasted 20k miles. I’ll share mvbs and codes this evening when I am not busy here at the dealership

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
As a side note, and maybe worth considering.... are you getting similar pressure readings from the two GPs with sensors on them? I think your CATA uses two of those, and at that milage carbon buildup is very possible on one of the sensors.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
No problem at all, just an fyi the hx injectors are remain from Bosch, and are more expensive then the new counter parts that are also listed and end in AM, and the last set of reman injectors I put in a customer car lasted 20k miles. I’ll share mvbs and codes this evening when I am not busy here at the dealership
Good to have you around. Post more frequently.

Parts.vw.com tends to have great prices, but I'm sure you're familiar with that site.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it is carbon build up I will see it next weekend when I pull it apart to put the injectors in and do my valve cover gaskets. However, carbon on the sensors typically leads to an implausible signal from the pressure sensing glow plugs. Yes the ecm is on the latest software released from VW.

I haven’t been able to beat what my parts guy can get them for the new ones from vw so far.

As for value blocks

injector set point 1, 2 and 3 for each injector is what you look at to determine your injectors. Each set point has its own value block for each injector. I can give the uds addresses tomorrow if you want the uds numbers, they are easily searched out with VagCom but that is the block definitions. I will list what my readings are below for information purposes.

Injector 1 2.35 -.4 -2.0
Injector 2 -3.05 -4.0 -4.8
Injector 3 6.0 -.8 -2.0
Injector 4 36.6 .4 .8
Injector 5 6.0 -3.6 2.0
Injector 6 13.4 -3.6 -1.2

interestingly enough, those data blocks where only giving me faults for 3 and 6. If I continued to drive it after doing my resets, I am sure I would get a fault for cylinder 2 and cylinder 4 as it’s constantly pulling to adjust that injector quantity for cylinder 2 and it was massively adding for cylinder 4.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to have you around. Post more frequently.

Parts.vw.com tends to have great prices, but I'm sure you're familiar with that site.
Thanks, I lurk a lot. In the past some techs have tried to share knowledge on vw vortex and have gotten themselves in trouble for it. So I am very mindful of what it is I share or say on the forums.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If your looking at he deviation, your looking at the injectors trying to compensate and adjust the set points. If you have one that’s really high like my cylinder 4 set point 1 and no others anywhere near that number you have an injector problem. If you think you have an injector issue, you need to note your current set points. Readapt all your injectors, this sets the set points back to a basic setting blank slate. Go put 100 miles on the car and look at the set points again. You typically don’t want high readings and you don’t want them 180 of each other.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Thanks, I lurk a lot. In the past some techs have tried to share knowledge on vw vortex and have gotten themselves in trouble for it. So I am very mindful of what it is I share or say on the forums.
Trouble on vortex by who?? The actual Tex or the employer? There are brand ambassadors on vortex but none Volkswagen that I can think of 🤔 you won't get in trouble on here by any mods etc... We could use you around here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trouble on vortex by who?? The actual Tex or the employer? There are brand ambassadors on vortex but none Volkswagen that I can think of 🤔 you won't get in trouble on here by any mods etc... We could use you around here.
They shared information that wasn’t yet meant to be shared as they where still developing an appropriate repair. They showed short cuts that once vw verified the effectiveness of said short cut, got the labor times for everyone involved cut in half. An while vw warranty is decent on its labor times, cutting time from the techs because someone posted something somewhere an then they verified the repair and how it was done, leaves a sour note in alot of peoples mouths. An they have shared things that have had there jobs threatened.

it’s why I am very mindful of what I share.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
They shared information that wasn’t yet meant to be shared as they where still developing an appropriate repair. They showed short cuts that once vw verified the effectiveness of said short cut, got the labor times for everyone involved cut in half. An while vw warranty is decent on its labor times, cutting time from the techs because someone posted something somewhere an then they verified the repair and how it was done, leaves a sour note in alot of peoples mouths. An they have shared things that have had there jobs threatened.

it’s why I am very mindful of what I share.
Oh ****, I definitely missed all that 😳😳

Did Volkswagen literally call out the Tex??

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
They where called out, but not by name in the public forum.
Damn I missed some good stuff. Anyhow, glad you're staying active. I doubt anybody on here will rat.

·
Registered
Current Vehicle #1 - 2012 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI CATA Current Vehicle #2 - 2014 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI CNRB
326 Posts
Before anyone says they are covered under the warranty, mines expired. I have 403k miles. I work at a dealership and am trying to see if anyone knows of a place to get the injectors for a better price. The price of a complete set of injectors is abit hard to swallow and I am at a point that I need a set. Not knocking it, they are the original set, they have just finally got tired.
Before getting all crazy replacing injectors why not have them tested?

If you have a Bosch authorized fuel injection service shop near you, they can run full diagnostic testing on them. I got some tested for another vehicle a few years back for something like $50.00 each.

Results came with a full report.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts