Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 started squealing a few days ago, so I brought it to the VW dealer and they found it to be a failing driveshaft center support bearing. I have 112,000 miles on it, so it is out of warranty. The dealer called VW, and they agreed to pay half of the $1800 repair bill.

Very disappointed because this was not supposed to be a problem with the T3 design?? I'll let you know how the repair goes.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
That's a bummer. At least VW split the cost. Now you're good for the long haul.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's true! I still love driving it! Other than this everything has been good. I've taken immaculate care if it since new.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I think this is the very first report of a failed centre bearing on the Touareg 2nd Generation [better known to us as the T3!].

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer said this was the first one they have had. So no parts in stock. Have to wait a couple days before its done.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Yes, and one of the few who has experienced what sounds like (squealing) an actual bearing assembly failure rather than the more common rubber mount failure.

You may just extremely unlucky, and the issue we T1-2 people have had may still have been resolved with the T3 ( sorry Nooby).

Stuart...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts