Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 - VW Touareg TDI Executive for sale.

• 25,700 miles - balance of 36K bumper to bumper warranty remains until July 2014
  • All service done at dealer - I am the 2nd owner, having purchased in May of 2013.
  • Factory hitch added by VW dealer after I purchased.
  • New Continental DWS tires at 16K last July. Currently have Hancook snows installed and have since mid-December.
  • VIN (last 5): 06132
  • I'm located in the Rochester, NY area
  • Pics are from when I purchased the car. Looks exactly the same. It's snowy and icy here but I can take more if anyone needs.
Why am I selling - cause I switch cars too often! But in all seriousness, I find myself needing more than 5 seats more often than not. I should have thought of that before getting the VW. But this results in a great deal for someone...

Asking: $39,900.00

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Why so "inexpensive"? Should be like 45-47K?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why so "inexpensive"? Should be like 45-47K?
No particular reason - seems like a fair price to move it quickly. I have done some comparisons and the price I'm asking is under market.

I do not think the vehicle is worth $45K to $47K however - at least not in the U.S. - maybe the Canadian market is different.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Definitely a god value for the $$. Someone will be a lucky buyer for this one! Yeah - the Canadian market is definitely a little higher - especially out here in the prairies where there aren't many around! I flew over to Ottawa (3000 km) and drove my 2012 TDI Exec back home - paid $49K for it - same vehicle here (if there was one) would be in the $57 neighbourhood! Good luck on the sell - the canyone grey was my second choice but I managed to find my fav - flint grey!

·
Registered
785 Posts
If it had a Cornsilk interior, I'd probably be on a plane....

In all seriousness, the market for TDI Exec's has softened a lot in the last 45 days. I've been in the market for one (requirements - Cornsilk interior, hitch). They are around, but all of the 2011's priced at $44k aren't moving. 2012's are $45 to $47k and sitting still too. It's weird. The few I've inquired on, no one wants to deal on - it's a take it or leave it price. So, I'll bide my time.

At $40k, I'd say it's priced somewhat aggressively, but not out of line with someone looking to move it. Good luck with the sale! Looks sharp! If only it had Cornsilk....

·
Registered
72 Posts
hmmmm, Exact color combo I am looking for…I was looking to buy a 2014 this year…but this might be good option.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmmm, Exact color combo I am looking for…I was looking to buy a 2014 this year…but this might be good option.
I see you're in NYC - we are driving up next Saturday (2/15) to NYC and staying in Manhattan. So if you think it's up your alley and want to connect to see the vehicle we might be able to do that. Otherwise, easy trip to Rochester.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I see you're in NYC - we are driving up next Saturday (2/15) to NYC and staying in Manhattan. So if you think it's up your alley and want to connect to see the vehicle we might be able to do that. Otherwise, easy trip to Rochester.
Hi
Showed your add to my wife unfortunately she wants new, bad past experience with used cars. I can't really win that argument, anyway good luck with the sale and enjoy NYC.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Definitely a god value for the $$. Someone will be a lucky buyer for this one! Yeah - the Canadian market is definitely a little higher - especially out here in the prairies where there aren't many around! I flew over to Ottawa (3000 km) and drove my 2012 TDI Exec back home - paid $49K for it - same vehicle here (if there was one) would be in the $57 neighbourhood! Good luck on the sell - the canyone grey was my second choice but I managed to find my fav - flint grey!
Bet that was a suweet drive. Drove my Treg from Calgary to Ottawa as well. Tofino to Ottawa and everywhere in between lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi
Showed your add to my wife unfortunately she wants new, bad past experience with used cars. I can't really win that argument, anyway good luck with the sale and enjoy NYC.
Thanks for checking. I get it! I looked at the difference last May when I purchased too - the gap was to far apart for me to justify new, given not much had changed with the T3's. Some vehicles don't have a much a gap between new and used and I think in those cases new is a no brainer. Touareg makes it tougher especially with the factory warranty still in place. One can save lots of $$$ in getting an excellent used model.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bet that was a suweet drive. Drove my Treg from Calgary to Ottawa as well. Tofino to Ottawa and everywhere in between lol
I went all the way to Kalamazoo, MI to get mine. 950 miles virtually non-stop. A little crazy but more fun on the way back - drove my Jeep GC there to trade-in.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah nothing like a good road trip in a new touareg. Well worth the trip though. It was hard to find anything around here for a tdi exec.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah nothing like a good road trip in a new touareg. Well worth the trip though. It was hard to find anything around here for a tdi exec.
Agree! Just got back from NYC - flawless through a snowstorm on the way there last weekend. 25mpg with 5 onboard + luggage.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Any luck with the sale so far?

·
Registered
122 Posts
If i could get rid of my '11 gti...anybody want one?
My 2010 was from Kansas City. Its not every day you can find a tdi so close...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't seem to edit my original post but I confirmed with my dealer yesterday that the warranty goes until August 17, 2014 (or 36K miles), not July as I originally posted.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts