Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems my blower motor has a mind of it's own. It will shut off randomly and while off I can hear even timed clicking from the rear seat area. Clicking stops and the blower resumes normal operation. I believe it occurs both in A/C and heat modes.

I'm not sure if the resistor is going or the blower motor is going or a module which controls the blower is having relay issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Very quick reply.

There is no relay.

Control panel failure is very rare.

What you call the resister is actually a electronic circuit board (bitron) that replaces the relay and provides the "speeds". These have been going bad lately.

The motors run a lot and have a history of wearing out the brushes, leading to replacement.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very quick reply.

There is no relay.

Control panel failure is very rare.

What you call the resister is actually a electronic circuit board (bitron) that replaces the relay and provides the "speeds". These have been going bad lately.

The motors run a lot and have a history of wearing out the brushes, leading to replacement.
Would the control board's location be in the rear seat area somewhere?? To add another related issue is when you start the vehicle it delays some times and the same clicking sound happens for 2-3 clicks and then it starts. Not really a click but a high pitched sound.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Have enough time to post links now. Here is a link that will help you figure out what is going wrong with the inside fan. The bitron can fail one way to make the fan turn off when is should be on, on when it should be off, or the wrong speed. The brushes can make it run the wrong speed and/or turn off, but the brushes can never make the fan run when the fan should be off.

clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/heater-fan-wont-shut-off

See post #8 for pictures.

clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/ac-heater-blower-motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
nickyt
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing