Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suddenly have a million lights coming on including my ABS and based on all the reading it could be my battery which btw isn't in a normal place.. but I could have a break fluid problem.. so I want to add brake fluid before I even attemp to drive it anywhere to get some help with all these lights...

There is a huge reservoir, it that brake fluid or can anybody direct me to my brake fluid reservoir so I can hopefully get somewhere to get some help w all these light w/o losing braking power..
Looking in the manual and it doesn't even show me an overview of what everything is when I open the hood.

Thanks in advance to anyone that is willing to help me ...

·
Registered
949 Posts
The brake fluid reservoir is under the driver side wiper cowls, in the corner, under that triangle-like shaped part of the with long vents on it. It's mounted directly on top of the brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
It is unusual for a Touareg to use brake fluid so if it has used fluid you need to check out where it has gone.

You must use the correct VW brake fluid for any top ups and not any old fluid off the shelf in your garage or at a service station.

For the location see post #4 here:

https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f44/access-to-brake-fluid-reservoir-227537.html

Please update your profile with car model and location by clicking on User CP.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The brake fluid reservoir is under the driver side wiper cowls, in the corner, under that triangle-like shaped part of the with long vents on it.

That is driver's side on LEFT hand drive cars, but passenger side on RIGHT hand drives!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank You,

I am embarrassed to say that I really don't even know my model, just a 2011 gas V6.. the manual simply say 2011 model.
Hoping this issue is not the brake booster.. read something somewhere about that... expensive :0 ..
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you, I may just take her in to a shop I found online called "Sport Motoring" in Santa Rosa Beach, FL... they have good reviews and hopefully are more proactive, knowledgeable and affordable than the VW dealership guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts