Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2010 Treg2 V6 TDI Tech + Premium Package. Had to find the car at a dealership a few hours from where I live so the car was delivered. One stipulation I had was that the car had power folding mirrors, and of course the salesman promised car was to my exact specs. Long story, car get delivered, I sign all the papers, sales guy drives off, and I get in my new car, only to find out that the car does not have power folding mirrors.

Does anyone know of a mod kit that exists, or if it is possible to mod the car to make the side mirrors power folding?

Extremely angry and stuck with the car at this point. Anyone have any good information that will help???

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
Recently purchased a 2010 Treg2 V6 TDI Tech + Premium Package. Had to find the car at a dealership a few hours from where I live so the car was delivered. One stipulation I had was that the car had power folding mirrors, and of course the salesman promised car was to my exact specs. Long story, car get delivered, I sign all the papers, sales guy drives off, and I get in my new car, only to find out that the car does not have power folding mirrors.

Does anyone know of a mod kit that exists, or if it is possible to mod the car to make the side mirrors power folding?

Extremely angry and stuck with the car at this point. Anyone have any good information that will help???

Thanks.
Join the rest of us. 09-10 did not have this option as well as not having memory seats anymore. I think the two are tied together and they just dropped both options. It is not going to be cost effective to install it and I know of no one who has tried it either.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2009 T2 Highline w/Tech package has folding, heaed mirrors as well as memory seats. This is the version sold in Canada and packaged that way for this market.
But it lacks 4-zone climate ctrl and rear heated seats as well as air suspension, TPMS and bi-xenon headlight washers. None of these options are avail in Canada.
It is interesting that VW Concern puts bi-xenons plus washers in their Audi Q7s and in Pepperwagons destined for Canada and the Tregs are left out as 'poor cousins'. Undoubtedly this must be their way of segregating 'luxury' but I will trade on the spot the 'wood trim' interior feature in my Treg for these damn washers.

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
See I don't miss the washers that much since I had lost one of the covers once and it was not cheap to replace. The cover attachment system for the washers was pretty weak. It is interesting how different the CA and US models are optioned though. We can't get four zone here anymore either, so don't feel left out on that option. I would be content to get the folding mirrors and memory back. I would even give up the heated wheel even though I am growing fond of it now. :)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I always thought you HAVE to have washers with Xenons because of the huge negative effect a dirty lens has on it's performance. Obviously I was wrong... :confused2:

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
I always thought you HAVE to have washers with Xenons because of the huge negative effect a dirty lens has on it's performance. Obviously I was wrong... :confused2:
Well apparently VWoA felt we did not need them any longer. :)

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
Well apparently VWoA felt we did not need them any longer. :)

It's very simple as to why. DOT regulations don't mandate headlight washing systems, and auto headlight levelers on HID equipped vehicles. The ECE does, and there is a very good reason why they do. Not only the negative effect on output, but certain kinds of surface residue on the plastic lenses actually increases oncoming glare. In our case, I can easily think of the salt spray drying up on the lenses, creating this God awful "halo effect."
I Don't know what the Australian Department is called, but I imagine they are on par with the ECE?

What I don't understand is, that even though (when it comes to lighting), Canada has its own set of rules completely different from the USA's DOT, we are ultimately still stuck with DOT lighting systems in our dealers lot. We are allowed ECE regulated lighting systems into our country. It has been this way for the last 20+ years. In an other forum, I even discovered that my 2005 Passats HID's were different period, from the ones in Europe(I ain't talking about the washers on his one). I was literally holding an ECE HID assembly in one hand that I managed to buy for experimental purposes, and my DOT one in the other. I then installed both of them on the car with the same 4300K Osram bulbs, and took pictures and posted them. The ECE HID headlights were brighter. I ultimately kept the US DOT ones though, because they had more of a "Phaeton Look" in the daylight, but that is besides the point. :p

Hope that answers the confusion AndrieK.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hope that answers the confusion AndrieK.
Yes it does, thank you very much... :D

We have our own regulations :D, SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) but 90% of the regulations are copies of the RHD ECE regulations. So what goes for Europe (mainly RHD UK) goes for us as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts

Thanks.
Does the Pass Side mirror tilt down in Reverse?

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
Does the Pass Side mirror tilt down in Reverse?
It doesn't on mine, I checked for someone else that asked about that. I personally never used that feature so I will not miss it.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Being that I bought a used Touareg, it was the luck of the draw that I got a great option package which included the folding mirrors. I use them from time to time but not enough to seek them out if I was buying new. On the other hand the tilting right mirror is very handy for me. Honestly, if one or both of those features broke, I wouldn't invest piles of money to set them right.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yeti,

according to the VW website, the T2 does have the pass side tilt down, but only if the mirror switch is in the pass side position.
if you get some time, can you try that and see if it works?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
Yeti,

according to the VW website, the T2 does have the pass side tilt down, but only if the mirror switch is in the pass side position.
if you get some time, can you try that and see if it works?
thanks
I tried it tonight while backing in my garage and mine does not have it. I am familiar with how it works since my 04 had it. Only other possibility is it is a setting in the MFI I have not done anything about, but I doubt it. When is the VWoA website every right? :p

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
if you don't mind me asking, what options are on your T2?
thanks
Look at my sig for it tells you what packages my TDI has. The 2010 order guide PDF says nothing about tilt with reverse mirror and another feature lost is the auto dimming outside mirrors. I trust the PDF more then I trust the VW website.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing about the the folding mirriors. VW has to have this option on 1 at least model. What VW model has the folding mirrors and I don't mean the tilting backup mirror feature, I mean the feature that folds the mirror flat against the T-reg? This is great for the drive thru and parking in the garage.

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the the folding mirriors. VW has to have this option on 1 at least model. What VW model has the folding mirrors and I don't mean the tilting backup mirror feature, I mean the feature that folds the mirror flat against the T-reg? This is great for the drive thru and parking in the garage.
09 and 10 does not have this feature reguardless of packages. It seems as though the 08 was the only T2 to have the feature. Folding mirrors dropped as well as memory seats and the tilt in reverse feature. VWoA must have had some stupid reason behind dropping these features.

·
Registered
414 Posts
this is turning out to be quite a dissapointment...
1) no memory seats
2) no folding mirrors
3) no rev tilt down
4) no auto dimming mirrors

sigh...

·
Registered
2 Posts
So can you install the 08 mirriors on any model year and I would assume that VW has them for replacements for ones that have them if they need repairing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts