Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Currently own a 2004 v8 touareg, and looking at getting a 2010 v6 diesel just getting mixed reviews from people who well are not into vw and before i make this purchase just want to hear from here if this is something i should stay away from or not. I really love my 04 but got into an accident with it and will be a write off and came across a 2010 all looks great with it.

any help reviews please I want it :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I drove my '10 TDI for 3 years and loved it. The only reason I got rid of it was because VW pretty much paid me to upgrade to a '13 TDI with a 2 year warranty. It was a no-brainer for me.

That being said, there are always risks when buying any used car. Get it checked over and buy an extended warranty if you can. See if you can get all service records as well - this will tell you a lot about how it was taken care of.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I know it was one owner only and will look into history, and being vw owner of multiple kinds i know they come with their issues that being said I love them.
definitely will look more into just appreciate the thoughts and input from others who have experience owning them.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
A good, late model, T2 Tdi is a nice tool.

Read the buying a used Touareg thread again to refresh your memory before going to look at it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just traded in my 2010 for a 2013 for the same reason as Scubacruiser. Even though the T3 is still a capable off-roader I loved the ruggedness of the T2 and the way it made me feel it could go anywhere yet it had excellent road manners. It really felt like a tank. Even the interior felt rugged. Those nice large temp control knobs have been reduced to about a quarter of their size and I loved the large shift lever as well which has been replaced with your run of the mill car shifter.

We put on 90,000kms/56k miles in 2.5 years and had no issues other than a battery replacement which is really regular maintenance on a 7 year old car. My only complaint was the seating position which was mitigated by the great cruise control buttons on the steering wheel which allowed for a change in speed by 1 and 10kms/hr for longer journeys. The only thing it was missing was the dynamic cruise control which I would have loved to have. If you do a lot of long distance driving you might want to consider a 2009 as I believe it had dynamic cruise; it was removed for 2010 because it was cannibalizing q7 sales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts