Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By far, this is the most perfect vehicle I have ever owned. Seriously love this thing! But with the arrival of our 4th child we needed to replace one of our vehicles and this was the one that has to go. Replacement vehicle is already here and the Touareg sits waiting for a buyback. Got to thinking and figured I would post it up for sale. Being as rare as it is, there may be someone out there that wants it and could care less about the whole dieselgate nonsense. I would love to see this go to an enthusiast and stay out there! So... if you are serious about buying it shoot me a PM and we can talk and I can get you all the pics you want. Price is 26,000 firm. If no one wants to pay that I will wait for the buyback and get more than that. I am the second owner and maintenance records are available. Tires are 50-60%. Whispbar crossbars are included. Monster mat floormats. Front windows tinted. Warranty til 103k or 7/18. Paint is black so it shows the imperfections. Wheels all have a little curb rash from the previous owner.

Last five of VIN: 03053

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Man, I am so interested in this. Might wait until Tuesday to see what's going on. I have the same car just no air but I would do buyback on mine and buy yours in a second! Any updates on sale of this?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At this point it will continue to sit in the street and break my heart every time I look at it. Haha. Its been just hanging out and very rarely driven for 4 months now and at the time of posting this I was over it. But now that buyback is certain and the money involved looks rather big, Ill continue to let it sit and cash in before too long. So if someone really wants it, they will have to come close to what VW is offering.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was for sale at that price when I posted it and if someone would have jumped on it they would have scored themselves a killer deal. Do you for some reason think that you should get it for 26k now that you get to cash in on your TDI? Would you be willing to forego 8k or so of profit just to hook up some dude on the internet? Yeah, I didnt think so.

Like I said, if someone really wants it they will have to come CLOSE to VW money. As much of a unicorn as my Touareg is, they are all about to become extinct. So, what is it worth to own something that is extinct?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I see no change in your ad. You posted this over a month ago with "no Change stating not for sale, doing buyback because I get more money." But now you are stating they have to come close to what VW is giving you yet you ask for 26K FIRM. I am only going off your post dude! You asked 26K firm, I would pay that tomorrow. I was serious! Very confusing what you want to do here but me thinks you just want to sell back or make more than what VW would give you based on an extinct vehicle.

"So... if you are serious about buying it shoot me a PM and we can talk and I can get you all the pics you want. Price is 26,000 firm. If no one wants to pay that I will wait for the buyback and get more than that." Buyback is in May. Thats 3 1/2 more months.

I suppose you should just change the price to what VW is giving you instead of the advertised price of $26K firm? Seems less misleading.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It was for sale at that price when I posted it and if someone would have jumped on it they would have scored themselves a killer deal. Do you for some reason think that you should get it for 26k now that you get to cash in on your TDI? Would you be willing to forego 8k or so of profit just to hook up some dude on the internet? Yeah, I didnt think so.

Like I said, if someone really wants it they will have to come CLOSE to VW money. As much of a unicorn as my Touareg is, they are all about to become extinct. So, what is it worth to own something that is extinct?
Extinct? Hardly, they are taking all them back and storing them indoors with a crew maintaining them. Once the hard fix comes out then VW dealers buy them at auction and do the emission fix and any other repairs, then go on sale to the public with a 4 year 48k mile limited powertrain warranty no matter how many miles the odometer says.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
Extinct? Hardly, they are taking all them back and storing them indoors with a crew maintaining them. Once the hard fix comes out then VW dealers buy them at auction and do the emission fix and any other repairs, then go on sale to the public with a 4 year 48k mile limited powertrain warranty no matter how many miles the odometer says.

Citations?

·
Registered
260 Posts
none, I work at a VW dealer

edit: this is the plan for the USA, I do not know international plans.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If true Cool, then I can buy his extinct touareg for 3/4 of the cost he is asking (even if at full cost he was compensated) and with a warranty! No need to deal with misleading owner. ;)

I do believe they will have a fix eventually, makes no sense economically to scrap them, regardless of age/mileage.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If true Cool, then I can buy his extinct touareg for 3/4 of the cost he is asking (even if at full cost he was compensated) and with a warranty! No need to deal with misleading owner. ;)

I do believe they will have a fix eventually, makes no sense economically to scrap them, regardless of age/mileage.
Think about it, do you think the cars will be priced lower than the buy back? My opinion on the whole dieselgate is that VWAG will ultimately turn a profit, they employ way to many smart people at the national and international level not to.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Not sure how they will price them but that was a sarcastic remark. Like I said, even at full cost it's a better deal with the warranty. Yes they will profit I agree. I also believe they will have a fix for them as well. All of them. They are not going to loose that much much and bend over for govt/state agencies. I think some of the newer will be priced higher to compensate for the older models which cannot be priced as high, such as this one for 26K firm. ;) They will have a solution, trust me. Scraping them and storing them costs much more than fixing and selling them or just plain fixing them. Find out tomorrow or before 2019.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

You do realize how many T2 Touaregs configured like mine are out there right? Quite rare and thats where the 'extinct' comment came from. As far as your theory on what will happen with everything... well see about that man. Not that I know you nor know what you do at the VW dealer that you work for, but I find it hard to believe that you have this insider info yet no one else knows about it. Thats huge info and it would be all over the place if it was reality. Just sayin.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts