Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Here is a link to the pictures and video we captured! What a great week!!! MobileMe Gallery

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks Rob! Good stuff!

I have completed my selected set of Rally images to my Picasa Album

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks Karl for including BBT in your pics! You got some great shots!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Good stuff Karl!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Great NEW Photos!!!

Folks - New photo's have been uploaded ! Click and enjoy! MobileMe Gallery

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I finally got around to uploading our 'best of' photos to MobileMe Gallery, including a few of our trip on the Durango & Silverton. Better late than never. Big thanks to RvDUB for setting this up. Cheers--Chris

·
Registered
193 Posts
Flash Flood Footage !!!

I just put all my clips together and made a movie of the Flash Flood we encounterd on Engineer Pass. I am no videographer but I think it gives you a good idea of what happened...

Enjoy!

MobileMe Gallery

·
Registered
839 Posts
Rock Ptarmigan in Colorado?

I know this will be riveting news to all of you . . .

This bird has been driving me nuts. It's a personal problem . . .

I practically tripped over it at the rally and it would not move. Could have been protecting a nest but I didn't see one.

Anyway was curious what kind it was and it appears to be a Rock Ptarmigan. Only problem is, it's about 1000 miles south of it's normal spread and doesn't even migrate here or through here.

Just one of them things that makes you go hmmh . . . kinda like that Menage A Trois wine at the wine tasting party.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Oh, the uninitiated!

All the rallyer's know that this is a Touareg Ptarmigan....the color is a little off as normally they come in teak. You can tell it is a Touareg Ptarmigan as it is in the lowered (unloading) position in the pic. It will raise up to scurry across rough terrain. It has a special capability in that it can easily cross washed out trails by literally flying down the mountain. Usually, you will find them in a flock (like Rallyers) and they visit the San Juans late in the summer for one last nesting fling and then a little R&R. Another tell-tale indentifier is the smile on its beak!

:):):)

Rick

·
Registered
909 Posts
That Touareg ptarmigan is also known as a white-tailed ptarmigan, the only ptarmigan found in Colorado. I believe that this particular bird is a female, from the salmon-colored eye combs. The camera angle obscures the white on the tip of the tail.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Oh, the uninitiated!

All the rallyer's know that this is a Touareg Ptarmigan....the color is a little off as normally they come in teak. You can tell it is a Touareg Ptarmigan as it is in the lowered (unloading) position in the pic. It will raise up to scurry across rough terrain. It has a special capability in that it can easily cross washed out trails by literally flying down the mountain. Usually, you will find them in a flock (like Rallyers) and they visit the San Juans late in the summer for one last nesting fling and then a little R&R. Another tell-tale indentifier is the smile on its beak!

:):):)

Rick
What I'd like to know Rick is how you maintained a straight face for that entire paragraph... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Heck, sometimes we need to have a little fun with each other!

Some of the real old-timers may remember a thread on the original Vortex in the first year concerning muffler bearings......it was a classic...of course, it came at a time every one of us was complaining (the nicest possible word) about the millions of niggli's and first year problems that almost everyone was enduring. :D:D

Rick

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yeah, a little levity never hurts. Most of us take ourselves way too seriously anyway. :p

Switchin' gears, I just pulled together a PowerPoint of the schubie family's rally experience. (I keep promising/threatening to give co-workers a presentation.) The exercise was a really nice reminder of what a terrific time we had. :)

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
21 Participants
schubie
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing