Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys..new to the forum :D. I recently picked up a 2010 Touareg with aroun 39K on the clock. Recently after some heavy rain I noticed some wetness spreading around the map lights on the headliner. I did some reading and checked to see if the drains from the sunroof were clogged...they didnt seam to be as i put a wire all the way through them. I also made sure by pouring water into both to make sure. I've also come across the TSB for the earlier Touaregs but I'm not sure if it would apply to mine. Any insight into this would be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea there was some crap in the tray...You're right I couldn't recreate it with the hose today either. Oddly enough it only happens when I'm driving and not when the car is sitting still.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is odd is that the problem didn't arise until I accidentally left my roof tilted overnight and it got rained on. I closed and began to drive when I noticed the leak. Two nights ago I tried unclogging the drain holes and had it open fully. I closed it back up and put some pressure on the roof with my hand as it closed and then hit it with the hose. Haven't been able to recreate it. This is so strange.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder if it'd be any help to remove the felt and replace it with some silicone if this is the case. I park on a flat surface but my liner only starts to get wet when I drive. I made sure my drains were doing well before I ruled out a clog. Do you have any pictures of the location of the area that lets in water? Maybe I could leave the felt and just seal that area off with a little silicone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.