Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Let us know how the caulking g goes and how to do to! As for the warranty route. I took.one tithe dealer when this occurred and it's not covered! I paid to have my drains cleared and modified. Also asked about the tsb to seal the tray and it's not covered under the extended warranty

· Registered
178 Posts
snarfdog said:
For all of you who have had this sunroof leak onto the headliner area by the map lights, here is the news from VWoA! It is a known problem, covering all Touaregs up to 2010. Service Bulletin Number 60-07-03. weather your vehicle is out of warranty or not dealers should remove the headliner and replace the sunroof seal to body. But remember we are talking about the dealers, not VWoa itself!
Good luck! I'll report back when it starts raining again.
Snarf, are you saying this service bulletin is done for free like a recall?!

Also wanted a little more detail on your DIY with the rope sealant. I have the exact same problem as you. Thanks and good work!

· Registered
178 Posts
Yup same thing that happened to me. After a hard rain and driving. The steallers At university VW cleaned my drains and modified them for $200 So far I haven't had a repeat leak. But I will likely take it into the dealer to have the seal done soon. This winter I plan to use some vinyl wrap to cover the sunroof though;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.