Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of aggravating others having not fully searched previous posts, I need advice. Dealer just diagnosed my 2010 TDI 3.0 with EGR Cooler coolant leak, AdBlue exhaust valve replace, gas exhaust temp sensor replace and #4 glow plug replace. The quote is $3300+.

I've seen other posts scattered about claiming to have blocked off the EGR and removal of the DPF. Is there a kit for something like this? Is there a reputable mechanic close to Columbus, Ohio who can perform this upgrade? Will it cure my EGR problems?

I am very capable of repairing gas engines but have no experience with TDI. I understand the mechanical side of all this but clueless when it comes to the computer system.

Thanks in advance for repeating something that may have already been posted.

Zagg, if you see this, did Diesel Dubs successfully delete both systems on your Treg?

·
Registered
411 Posts
In my humble opinion delete delete delete. The coolant leak in the egr may be problematic since deleting it's function won't delete the leak. Maybe there. Is a way bypass it. I did a Malone tune and Rawtek pipes.

·
Registered
841 Posts
On my tune both EGR coolers are still in place, just plated/blocked off.....It has crossed my mind a lot to disconnect the coolant hoses from the units and by-pass them so I don't end up with a leak...............BUT just another thing on the long list of things to do that I may never get to.

·
Registered
464 Posts
if your looking for exhaust...buzzken makes delete pipes stainless and good deal...awesome guy and great quality and service

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update - EGR Cooler Leak

A month later, we have our treg back from the VW dealer. The EGR cooler coolant leak took out, I think, the #4 glow plug, exhaust temp sensor and a sensor on the adblue system. The EGR cooler was on back order and shipped from Germany. After whining a bit to the VW rep about the problem, the repair bill was $2060...had to use our VW TDI money, $1000, to help pay for repairs.

I am convinced that greg TDI EGR coolers are destined to fail...there is info on the Internet where VW had a recall campaign in other countries.

Now that we are back on the road, I am one-step away from EGR delete...but, that would not have fixed my problem unless there is a coolant bypass fix.

·
Registered
464 Posts
that kind of money you could have tuned it, exhaust and egr program out with egr bypass

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old post, I am looking at buying a 2013-15 Q7 TDI and seeing so much confusing and conflicting information about the EGR cooler leak and hydro lock risk. Does an EGR delete fix the problem? And is it a problem to begin with after 2012? I am already planning on DPF and EGR delete, just need to know if that will fix it or I am still at risk. Thanks in advance, sorry for my ignorance. Still trying to learn about TDI engines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts