Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very nice, looks like it has air suspension too. I'm surprised how many 2010 tdi's are out there now. I've been looking again and there some with real low miles (55K) for 14k. Not blue and no air though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
V... Not blue and no air though.
Take a look at the photo shot from the back seat toward the front center stack. You can see both dials in the center console. I have a 2004 with air and I imagine with both dial sets there, that means the vehicle has air suspension.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just purchased my 2010 TDI with Air Suspension and Dynaudio, 83k Miles, White with St. Tropez beige interior for $14,900.

Would have loved the blue versions since they are the closest thing to an actual R50.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just purchased my 2010 TDI with Air Suspension and Dynaudio, 83k Miles, White with St. Tropez beige interior for $14,900.

Would have loved the blue versions since they are the closest thing to an actual R50.
Hi ABerri007, Where did you find it? How was the condition? And is there a warranty on the new work that VW did to recertify that for sale?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi ABerri007, Where did you find it? How was the condition? And is there a warranty on the new work that VW did to recertify that for sale?
I was searching for several weeks/months on Autotrader, Cars.com, and Cargurus. Had all my alerts setup as well. This particular one was on the market for well over 2 months. They had it priced extremely high so I just kept my eye on it in hopes no one else would buy it. Price went all the way from $17,500 to $15,900. And then I negotiated them down another $1K.

Was located in Holland, MI and was a California car all its life. I knew the Carfax showed an accident in 2014 but the vehicle was regularly serviced after that and not sold immediately, which made me feel comfortable that the accident wasn't too bad. Condition of the car today is really nice and I'm super happy with it. It's got it's little blemishes/quirks here and there that I keep noticing which is all due to normal wear and tear. I'll gloss those over from time to time as for right now my main focus is to replace the RNS-510 with an Android 8.0 Radio/DVD System similar to the one I ordered for my 2008 Passat many years ago and was awesome!

Yes, they do come with a brand new TDI warranty that's good for 4 years or 120K miles I think. I have an entire thread dedicated to my new car here:

https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/new-owner-of-2010-touareg-tdi-questions-289185.html

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow the purchase price on these have dropped sop much in the last 5 years. I bought mine in 2014. 2008 V8 with Air 73k miles for 16500.00

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I own a 2010. One of the best years IMO. I bought mine years ago for 21K with 71K miles on it. Perfect condition. Still is for the most part except for High pressure fuel pump imploding and causing cylinder head damage. Hope you all got a warranty with it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I own a 2010. One of the best years IMO. I bought mine years ago for 21K with 71K miles on it. Perfect condition. Still is for the most part except for High pressure fuel pump imploding and causing cylinder head damage. Hope you all got a warranty with it?
Nope, no warranty except for the TDI warranty that's being issued on all resale Diesel cars from VW. How common is what happened to you and how much were those sort of repairs? Anything I can be doing as a preventative measure so this doesn't happen or is it just by bad luck?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm probably wrong but I thought the emission scandal warranty covered the HPFP? Is this not the case? Or if so wouldn't it be 4 years or 120k miles from the date the emissions system was repaired? So the the above 2010 tdi with 138k miles would still be covered for the remainder of 4 years/120k miles from when ever it was fixed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
trekkar
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing