Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
We hooked up with Arkarch, LV Matt, Madhatter and spouse in Green River UT and then went to Grand Junction CO for lunch. We met RBVdub and his wife at the brew pub in GJ. We all rolled in to Ouray pretty much together. I have not seen anyone else yet. If you are out there get on here and say so or just stop by the Warehouse ay 180 5th Ave.
We met up with Hap, Aircooled, and Rick and families tonight.

The Warehouse is open. The beer is flowing. We promise to have the FJ's cleared by noon.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Back in town now at last. We had a change in plans and took our neice to Arches, Las Vegas, Zion, and Grand Canyon over a three-day weekend and arrived back last night (Monday). Great thunderstorm last night! Now Shirley is off to work in Naturita Tues and Weds, while I am in the office here. Neice Shannon is recovering from Monday's episode of gastroenteritis picked up along the way.

I'll be home tonight (Tues) and tomorrow night (Wed) after work and then again Friday night if y'all want to picnic and party over here for a change of scenery. Call me at the office phone (forwards to my cell at night) and let me know and we can discuss specifics. Dave 325-9900

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hi Dave - plans for the next few days -

The group is heading up to Engineers Mountain today, departing at 9:00 am from the Ware House (2nd and 5th). Usually folks plan their own family / house activities on Tuesday night.

Wednesday is non-scheduled day - with the wine tasting party on Wednesday night also at the Ware House. Come on down to the wine tasting!

We'll resume group trails on Thursday.

We have our trail awards night / leftovers on Friday - also come on by!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks. I drove by the house this am about 8:30 and didn't see anyone out. I'm at the office here today and tomorrow and then in Naturita Thursday and Friday. Won't get home Friday night until 7:30-8:30. I parked my "for sale" blue Touareg in front of the office in ouray and will leave it there all week in case anyone wants a look. Dave

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Wow, what a day. Major rain storm while on the trail. We have four cars sleeping on the mountain after a torrential rainstorm washed out the trail above and below us. In actually, we were near washed down ourselves. We were within 5 minutes of the bottom of the trail when we became trapped. Half of the group had split off and taken a different route back and came into radio range right as they were passing the trail head. Fortunately, this gave us some degree of contact back into town and enough to tell our families that we were OK. After the water went down, we were able to pick our way down what was left of the trail and get ferried back into town. It is believed that there are still over two dozen vehicles still trapped on the Mineral Creek trail area. In town, we can hear the sound of dozers clearing off near by roads. The county is said to have a dozer heading to the Mineral Creek trail this evening, hopefully we can retrieve the Touaregs in the AM. All are OK, just a little dazed. One Touareg owner had a rock fall on his car from above, shattering his sunroof, damaging his windshield and denting his roof pretty well. He too is OK.

I'm going thru some pictures tonight, I'll post some up tomorrow. Be safe everyone!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wondered where everyone was! Went by the house on 2nd st about 7pm and didn't see any cars. Was worried about you. It was a hell of a rain. Hope all are OK.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
It was, interesting! Are you around tomorrow?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Working at the office 9-5. Lunch 12:30-2.

These rainy days are dangerous for rockfall. Someone was killed on a Jeep Rally a few years back from a rock on Camp Bird Rd.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
It was awesome seeing everyone up in Ouray for some great times, good eats, even better beers (thanks Sarah!) and more gorgeous scenery. Thanks to everyone for all the fun and camaraderie!

And RJ, drunken calls notwithstanding, we really did miss you up here this year.

As a parting shot, check out what ol' Mama Nature put up in the sky for our viewing pleasure after our "Leftover Night" dinner on Friday evening.

Happy trails to all, and I hope to see all of you sometime soon! Take care.

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Matt, that's the best picture I've ever seen! Sorry we missed you guys--AGAIN--but the demands of 10-hour days and 2-hour commutes got the best of us and we had nothing left by evening. Wimps, I know. Thanks for coming once again to our fair community, and we look forward to future visits. Wanna take home Big Blue with you?
Dave

·
Registered
591 Posts
We Cheated Death Again!!!!

Well, 11 hours in the saddle and we are back home.....What a great time.....Great people.....Great country........Great thrills.

My thanks to everyone who made this vacation another memorable event.

Thanks for your time this time, til next time, so long! and happy trails.

Rick and Ann
:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
Rally was awesome this year despite the almost disaster on Tuesday. It was great seeing everyone again and also getting to meet in person Schubie and Canon Mutant. Was also fun to meet Mr Bill and his wife as well. All appeared to have a great time and I hope they return again. Bille and I made it home at 3:30 and on a single tank of fuel thanks to the TDI. I in fact will run what is left until I get paid on Wednesday. I love this car and how much better it was on the trails then my 04.

This had to be the wettest Rallys I have been to yet, but it all still went well and actually help keep dust down. Sarah made some awesome beer and I loved the fact that after consuming alot of it I had no hangover what so ever. She should bottle that stuff!! :)

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Just checking in from the road. We are camping in Buena Vista. Decided not to make it to Evergreen quite yet but rather check out the hot springs at Mt. Princeton. Guess what, rain here all evening. Starting to be old hat. It was great to see everyone. Thanks for not giving me TOO much crap about the truck. The friendly toilet papering was welcomed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not sure if there is a place to share all of our photos and movies so I opened my iDisk for us too use. Feel free to upload your pictures and movies too the following URL https://public.me.com/rvdub

It is password protected so please PM or email me for the password.

·
Registered
193 Posts
do the rover proud my man! ;) I wish I could be there to back you up but I am traveling through the area a few days ahead of you all.
Jwestpro! The Rover Rocked Ouray! :joy::joy: It even surpassed my expectations! :D So I think I can say we made the Rover Brand proud!!!:clapclap:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not sure if there is a place to share all of our photos and movies so I opened my iDisk for us too use. Feel free to upload your pictures and movies too the following URL https://public.me.com/rvdub

It is password protected so please PM or email me for the password.
An easier/better option might be to create a mobilme gallery and allow uploading (unless you want it to be more private, and on your idisk)

·
Registered
193 Posts
An easier/better option might be to create a mobilme gallery and allow uploading (unless you want it to be more private, and on your idisk)

You know what! That IS a better idea! Not sure why I did not think of that first. I need more coffee. Anyway here is a NEW link for everyone to use! You can upload and download the photos you want.

Photo Library
MobileMe Gallery

Also, if you want to upload pictures via email or Mobile Phone use the link below.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Made it home. Dropped VegasMatt off at his place around 8:30 Sunday night.

We took the south route - ran into Lawrence and Lee as we got into Durango and had lunch at a cool Mexican food place (Linda Cochina?). Afterward we toured the newly dedicated Durango and Silverton train museum.

On down, we passed Shiprock, then storms in Gallup NM, then onward to the La Posada ( La Posada Hotel: Arizona's grandest estate - a National Historic Landmark ) in Winslow AZ for some train watching.

On Sunday it was to the Grand Canyon. Initially the canyon was in deep fog - then surprise! a downpour. We finally ran the rim westward to the El Tovar and found a welcome view with clouds working about the canyon.

I'll have some more pix overnight on those places.

Home. Right now it is Sunny and 101. I'd take the rain :)

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Finally back on Evergreen. Still raining (go figure). Glad to hear that everyone has had a good trip back. I'll get some pics up soon!

161 - 180 of 201 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
200 Replies
27 Participants
Rickanns
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing