Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
2010 Rally

For someone who's sitting in Northern California itching to go 4 wheelin in his Treg, these posts and pics are absolute torture. I MUST attend this Rally next year it looks awesome! If anyone reading this post lives in NorCal and want to go exploring some awesome trails, let me know!!!

Please post more pics from the Rally! and er, what near disaster? Juicy details please!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Yeti! I just got caught up on the pics and the events. Wow! What a trip. I have to make this next year. It's a must!

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
Yeah, it was an interesting Rally this year with what happened on Tuesday. It was one of the wettest ones I have attended so far.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Hey Rally'ers,

After leaving New Castle, CO Sun. morning, we finally arrived home in NY State late last night. Sure, we covered a lot of miles. But it was never a boring or difficult drive. And we had a lot of great memories from the rally, Durango & Silverton railway, Winter Park, etc. to reminisce about along the way.

It was great meeting the Club T'reg regulars in person. Plus it was really nice to meet their family members and the other rally'ers. Many thanks for all the helpful tips and assistance, and for putting up with us. Asenneth and the kids had almost as much fun as their dad, especially when there were other children around. Hopefully, we'll get the chance to return as a family in the future.

Best Regards--Chris, Asenneth (Ace), Evan & Hannah

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
Was nice having you there Chris as well as trail riding with you. Now you can say you have done some trail riding with your Treg!! ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry we once again managed to miss the whole thing due to our work and other committments. It continues to rain every day around here in what has become the wettest month ayone here can remember. BIG slow-moving thunderstorms (three rounds so far) in Naturita where I am on call tonight.

I realized today that I never picked up my T-shirts. Can I send $ to whomever has them and get them mailed? Sorry about that! Dave and Shirley

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just made it home - thanks for the memories

We just got home this evening from the cabin near San Isabel where we've been just vegg'ing since we left Ouray mainly enjoying the monsoon and cool weather. It's been +100 here in Wichita almost since we left so a great time to be gone.

I am REALLY sorry I wimped out on you all only lasting one day on the trails but I have indeed found yet another limitation to Fibromyalgia that I never considered before. I just need to accept that just like landscaping, working on the house, or anything else physical I do anymore, I can only do about 1/2 what I think I can do "at one time". Just have to accept it whether I like it or not. This disease WILL completely incapacitate you if you don't.

I know it's hard to relate to 4-wheeling being physical exertion but from the grip of the wheel [fingers, hands, wrists, and elbows] to the jarring of the trails [shoulders and back] it's not much different than digging in this wonderful Bel Aire clay from a Fibromyalgia perspective.

In hindsight though, had I not lasted the entire day Monday, I would have missed Cinnamon [both directions] and that's really where I learned the most about what these wonderful vehicles can do.

Since I was feeling better by Wed. PM, I almost stayed to do 1/2 days at least Thur and Fri but then Terri got [migraine] sick mid-day Wed. and was still sick Thur. morning so that sealed the deal for us.

Had a great time at the reason to get drunk :drunk:er uh I mean wine tasting party. Nice to know others like our Clos du Bois Merlot too. Thanks to ALL at the Warehouse for your hospitality and those on the trails for the tips and tricks. Oh, and a special thanks to Yeti for showing a pic of my broken fog light cover to the world . . . :p Seriously, Yeti was lead in our group over Cinnamon and did a great job.

Enjoyed meeting you all, hope to see all again soon, Ouray or elsewhere. My god what a beautiful place! Oh, and Jack and Xena REALLY need to get along better! Bad doggies! They outta be married . . . ;)

Total Trip Pics Link Below for those that care . . .

Garth

ouray Photo Gallery by Garth at pbase.com

·
Registered
61 Posts
What a great endorsement of the Rally. I am definitely putting this on the list of family vacations next year! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thank-you Garth. Great meeting you!

Yeah, I sometimes find that after a serious climb, I'm almost out of breath as if I did the climb myself. Its weird how that happens; I really should be just sitting back. But some of this is fairly intense with a great deal of banging and shifting.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Hey Rally'ers ....
Best Regards--Chris, Asenneth (Ace), Evan & Hannah
Hey Schubie!

Really enjoyed meeting you and all the family. I do hope you make it back to Colorado or even out to Moab sometime. Our Moab trips tend to be shorter but there are many family activities there to fill you vacation schedule. Same for Utah snow. If you come out to Vegas for conference or holiday - drop me a line - I'll buy a round.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Outstanding Pics, Garth

Maybe you need to come and just be our official photographer.

Rick
Thanks but I do intend to hit the trails. Anxious to experience at least some of Moab. Just have to understand the limitations. It's more than a little embarrassing when there are those of you that are er uh shall we say "more mature?" than I am that are doing just fine bouncing around at altitude all day and I am just 51 and a couch potato after just one day of it. :rolleyes:

But if any of you know someone with Fibro, that tends to be the case. I am thankful that I am not bedridden full time like some are. Will turn a type A personality into type worthless but we still had an outstanding time.

Live and learn . . .

Glad you enjoyed the pics,

Garth

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Was nice having you there Chris as well as trail riding with you. Now you can say you have done some trail riding with your Treg!! ;)
Yeah, the trail climbs and descents we hit during the rally were a lot steeper than anything I've run in the NE. They really showcased the control provided by low range and, in uneven terrain, center lock. The torque of our V6 TDI's also shined in these situations. Can't wait to take on some of the more technical stuff in NH now. ;)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Hey Schubie!

Really enjoyed meeting you and all the family. I do hope you make it back to Colorado or even out to Moab sometime. Our Moab trips tend to be shorter but there are many family activities there to fill you vacation schedule. Same for Utah snow. If you come out to Vegas for conference or holiday - drop me a line - I'll buy a round.
Hey, I don't need my arm twisted very hard to do Moab. Plus, it's an excuse to do some mtn biking. Heck, I might even try to come without the family for that one.

Looking forward to taking you up on that round. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
I have lived in UT for 10 years and have not mtn biked Moab yet. I kept hearing from locals that it is over rated. I know you don't want to be there in the Summer, so that leaves Spring and Fall both of which by then I can be either still skiing or starting to ski for the year!! :) I am not commited to my mtn bike much anymore. I guess I need to buy a new one then maybe I will be into it again like I did road biking. No comment on that there Rob!! ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am too lazy to figure this out by looking threw the posts but is this already over? I hope not because I just got a Touareg and I really want to go to this!!! And I live in Colorado so it is perfect!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sorry Xi99, but you just missed it as we finished July 30. But, there is always next year. Watch this forum after the first of the year.

Rick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, this is weird. Posting about mods and came across this thread. It was YOU GUYS I saw a few years ago at the base of American Basin outside of Lake City on your way to Ouray. We were down hiking and I struck up a conversation with one of you guys and suddenly I thought "Hmmm, a Touareg eh. On road German engineering like my A4; off-road ... German engineering! Interesting." And here I am a new Treg owner! In fact, just got back from off-roading around Telluride to trailheads, mostly up Bridalveil Falls. Touareg performed perfectly and comfortably with (5) adults and (3) dogs. Ah, it was a good call after all: ) ... Naturita - how about that drop into Paradox Valley - drove out from NorCal to Telluride and used 191 through Moab this year. See you guys next year!

181 - 200 of 201 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
200 Replies
27 Participants
Rickanns
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing