Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
And ready to take the heat for moving over to the Brit ! ;)
So you are going to take the lr3? I'm sure you know not to go out on silly 19" rims and street tires unless you enjoy changing wheels on trail. May I suggest you get a nice 2nd set of 18's with proper tires for play trips such as this. You'll have more fun a lot more peace of mind. Otherwise, the lr3 is quite capable in stock form just watch out for rocks hitting the fuel tank, it isn't truly protected. Additionally, pull your spare out from underneath and tie it down in the cargo area if you don't have a rack. The center of gravity on the lr3 is actually pretty low for the type vehicle it is if the roof is empty. Mine, not so much.

Have fun!!!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi there Jwestpro! Long time no chat! I do have the stock Landy 18"s and a full size Landy 18" spare as well! Back on the rally in 2008 VW sent a new V10 TDI with the 19's! We somehow made it the whole week until the last day and actually popped a tire. It did better then I thought it would!

I see you still have your LR come on down and bring your rig! I know your setup way better then I am!

·
Super Moderator
9,387 Posts
So Rick, no word for Eric and the family from Washington state yet? I thought they would have been on the list as well. I am thinking oil burners could over run the gas guys this year!! :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Back when I sent out the teaser to all the past attendees, I called Orttauq and he was not sure they could make it.....blah....blah. I haven't heard any more since then.

:?::?:

Rick

·
Registered
193 Posts
Update form the RvDUB clan Rick! Please add Dawn and Ethan and Finley to the attendees list! We decided to make it a family vacation and rent a house in Ouray with Rj and Kay!

Now I tried to get the Brucker house again but it was booked! So we will be staying next door! Maybe you can try your luck again at that log you love!!! :D

We look forward to see all of you again!

·
Super Moderator
9,387 Posts
So Rob, now you are going to miss out on a week of spooning with RJ now that everyone is coming along. :p

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Bushduck's in reporting Cinnamon Pass is open between Lake City and Silverton!!!!

Things are looking up

Rick

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Administrator
4,289 Posts
FYI, fellow member and rally'r "Hapster" informed me that he has a well used but serviceable BFG All Terrain TA in a 265/70/17 size that is available. It would make a great full size spare. PM me if you are interested and I will get you in touch with him. It would need to be a local pickup near Parker, CO.

·
Administrator
4,289 Posts
BUMP!!!

We are one month away from the start of the Colorado Touareg 4x4 Rally. I have spent part of the morning getting the Touareg un-sisified from its' Texas slumber. I still have brakes to do, alignment to do, tires to install and a skid plate to reinstall!

I'm PSYCHED! If anyone is on the fence on whether or not to attend, get off that fence and get your butts down to Ouray!

·
Super Moderator
9,387 Posts
Oh, I am soo off the fence and ready to go there!! :) Rob may be on the fence or in the closet, not sure. ;)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Note - its one month by date - and just over 4 weeks away to arrival date.

I may also have some well-used but serviceable BFG AT KO 265/70/17's available in Las Vegas. Likely to buy some new shoes for the trip.

I still need to get my driver's side gas tank cover replaced. High-centered (in Xtra on 32's) on a waterfall climb during Hump-n-Bump/Logandale. "Yep, that sounds like cracking plastic... (beat) ...yep, that's mine alright. Build me a rock bridge!"

Also the overall 20k work-over.

And I do have to install "clearance-cam"... yep, I got a BW low-light mini-cam and on-dash monitor. Now to strap it in.

Sadly, not able to add more armor at the moment. Soon.. soon...

·
Super Moderator
9,387 Posts
I wanted to add a skid plate as well and had some friends that were going to build it for me. I had some weird works schedules in that I lost hours and a plate was not in the cards due to funds. So I will work on it for the next rally or maybe have it by the time we hit Moab again. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wanted to add a skid plate as well and had some friends that were going to build it for me. I had some weird works schedules in that I lost hours and a plate was not in the cards due to funds. So I will work on it for the next rally or maybe have it by the time we hit Moab again. :)
Skid plate! You mean your TDi does not have a metal skid plate. Hummm lol! Well the Rover does so I have that covered! Three plates I believe ;) Maybe you can borrow one!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh, I am soo off the fence and ready to go there!! :) Rob may be on the fence or in the closet, not sure. ;)
LOL Keith!! I'm not the one who likes to wear spandex on the weekend's buddy! ;)

The RvDUB clan is ready to bring some Rover Class to the Panzer rally! Looking forward to trying the Rover out on the same trails we took our '04 Treg and compare how she does!

This should be a great time!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts