Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring has sprung (or is springing)...School is about to end....and it is time to finalize vacation plans.....:clap::clap:

The 2010 Colorado Touareg 4X4 Rally is scheduled for Sunday, July 25, thru Friday, July 30, in Ouray, Colorado.

At this time, we have 18 families who have committed or have seriously indicated that they will attend:

Hapster
Yeti
Arkarch
TregininCo
Aircooled
Plewis
Genuino
V10tdi
Canonmutant
Schubie
Touareganic
Mike's Panzer
Fuelcell
Rvdub
I8ABUG
Madhatter
Lgibson
Rickanns

The event is open to all but everyone needs to register soon for the event as we may need to limit the number of attendees.

To register, please PM me your name, Email address, and telephone number. I will then Email you a request for some basic information and once you respond, you are ready to go!!!

See you in Ouray

Rick

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Rick, LV Matt is attending as well, but will be a ride along seeing as he no longer owns a Touareg. He is residing at the Warehouse with us.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Rick... you already have my info... would you like it again? :)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Rick--PM on it's way.

All--Any feedback on including children? My kids are pretty used to day-long roadtrips w/ few breaks. And they're big fans of offroading in Dad's Treg. The wife and I are strong believers in personal responsibility. So most will probably not even know they're there, except for the giggling afterwards. (That'll mostly be them.) ;)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Kids are more than welcome.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I love dogs... especially the ones you can play with, wind up and send back to their owners!!! :) There was a dog from North Carolina a few years ago.... I think its name was Zodi (sp?) and that was a cool pooch!!!!

Sorry for the thread drift Rick

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know you got me on the list but PM sent! Ethan is still a bit young for day long trail rides so Dawn may be heading to Minnesota to visit some close friends. And Finley (Choc.lab) is going to play on the farm with Aunt Wendy!

So it may just be me and Maggie! ;) Looking forward to seeing old frineds and making new ones! And ready to take the heat for moving over to the Brit ! ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Oh and you will get the heat, you can count on it!! :p

I will make sure to wear my Union Jack tightie-whites! Remember Austin Powers LOL !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Yeah, I am going no further with this converstation given where one went on the BlackBerry one day. :)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
We will have two kids ages 2 and 4, as wells as my trails dogs.
Good stuff. Mine are 3 and 5. Family should be joining for the Durango & Silverton on Wed and trails on Thurs-Fri. ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
I love dogs... especially the ones you can play with, wind up and send back to their owners!

Oh, Xena comes "prewound" RJ. No winding necessary. We've always been a little concerned letting her run loose at the cabin because if we ran onto anything out hiking including one of the cinnamon bears that frequent the area and it happened to run off as they generally do, she would absolutely chase after it.

Problem? 1 ft. tall and 15 lbs. vs. 3 ft. tall and 400 lbs.

What's wrong with that picture?

She’s bred to chase vermin but, in her mind, everything qualifies as vermin. :p

Meanwhile, back at the regularly scheduled topic . . .

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
She and Jack (hap & margarets little dog) should do great then.

The running joke is Jack weighs 7-pounds and six of that is balls!!! :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts