Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale one 2010-2018 Touareg (Typ 7P) Winter tire and wheel package that is a duplication of the package offered by VW in Europe. This package was used one winter on a 2012 Touareg TDI Lux and was stored in the off season in a clean dry space. They have less than a 1,000 miles on them.

The package comprises four of the following:

VW Part #: 7P0 071 497A 8Z8, Aspen Wheel in Brilliant Silver, 17" x 7.5" ET 50

VW Part #: 7PP 907 275F , 107E1 TPMS Sensor

PIRELLI SCORPION WINTER Light Truck/SUV Performance Winter / Snow Tire:

• Size: 235/65R17 108H XL
  • Eco Focus: EcoImpact
  • Load Range: XL
  • Serv. Desc: 108H
  • UTQG: None

Buyer Arranges Shipping / Delivery

All Sales Final / No Returns

·
Registered
200 Posts
Very nice....GLWS!!! I think, in a great attempt to be thorough and not omit any details, you may have left out a big detail...…..Price?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice....GLWS!!! I think, in a great attempt to be thorough and not omit any details, you may have left out a big detail...…..Price?
It was a simple mistake I hit the wrong button before I was done:

The wheels and TPMS are Genuine VW and not gray market parts. I paid $1,850 for the set, excluding mounting and balancing, at my local dealer and am asking $1,400.00.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For sale one 2010-2018 Touareg (Typ 7P) Winter tire and wheel package that is a duplication of the package offered by VW in Europe. This package was used one winter on a 2012 Touareg TDI Lux and was stored in the off season in a clean dry space. They have less than a 1,000 miles on them.

The package comprises four of the following:

VW Part #: 7P0 071 497A 8Z8, Aspen Wheel in Brilliant Silver, 17" x 7.5" ET 50

VW Part #: 7PP 907 275F , 107E1 TPMS Sensor

PIRELLI SCORPION WINTER Light Truck/SUV Performance Winter / Snow Tire:
  • Size: 235/65R17 108H XL
  • Eco Focus: EcoImpact
  • Load Range: XL
  • Serv. Desc: 108H
  • UTQG: None

Buyer Arranges Shipping / Delivery

All Sales Final / No Returns
where in ny are you
how much and what are the dot date codes on tires? (when were they manufactured)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Near White Plains. The wheels and tires were purchased through, and mounted and balanced by, Mohegan Lake Motors, my preferred VW /Audi Dealer since moving to NY.

·
Registered
226 Posts
GLWS. Dedicated winter tires/wheels are the way to go.

On a cautionary note, the TPMS in my winter set did not work when I upgraded from a 2013 to 2016 TDI. Not sure if this is 2016 specific or not.

In itself, the disparity is not a big deal: I ordered up new sensors and sold the older ones to a member on this forum.

Just wanted to point out that TPMS sensors did not work across all years of the Touareg.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GLWS. Dedicated winter tires/wheels are the way to go.

On a cautionary note, the TPMS in my winter set did not work when I upgraded from a 2013 to 2016 TDI. Not sure if this is 2016 specific or not.

In itself, the disparity is not a big deal: I ordered up new sensors and sold the older ones to a member on this forum.

Just wanted to point out that TPMS sensors did not work across all years of the Touareg.
As this tire and wheel package was assembled with all brand new Genuine VW parts and Volkswagen approved tires, and then mounted and balanced by one of the most competent franchised Volkswagen /Audi Dealers I could find here, where I live in my adopted state of New York, the winter tire package worked flawlessly.

You do raise a good point. Genuine VW TPM sensors are inexpensive and if there is a chassis change for them over the years, then, that is easy enough to verify.

My Genuine VW Touareg Service Manual makes mention that a Version 1 sensor has been replaced by a Version 2, starting with the 2015 model year. The change is to the how the sensor mounts to the wheel. The Version 2 uses all metal fittings incorporating nuts torqued to a specific spec. The Service manual states that only Version 2 sensors are available as replacement parts for Touaregs prior to the 2015 model year. The Service Manual states that a mix of Version 1 and Version 2 sensors "is permitted."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts