Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. My 2009 gas v6 has an idle in neutral that oscillates between about 800-1500. Noticed at lower speeds with cruise control it accellerates and decellerates on it's own. At lower RPM when cold it is a rough idle too.

Is there something to adjust or is it a bad module, or sign I should buy a new car?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Vacuum issues maybe among lots of other issues. Do you have a scanner or a vcds cable?
If so scan and upload the log here please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. I don't have a scanner, but there has been a clue to a vacuum issue in the codes my local shop ran a few months ago, so you are right on. I will have that examined and fixed next week.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Are you doing the job yourself or having a mechanic work on the Treg?
If you intend to keep the Treg I steongly advice you to get a vcds cable. It’s 199$ and will save you time and money.

Now I will give you some helpful info to troubleshoot the vac issue. I will put a link here to what you need to check.
You probably have a pcv issue too. What is the mileage and the service history of this Treg?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greetings. It has had full service as recommended. It has 218k miles on it. Recently did the front end and struts, as the engine and tranny seem strong still.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you doing the job yourself or having a mechanic work on the Treg?
If you intend to keep the Treg I steongly advice you to get a vcds cable. It’s 199$ and will save you time and money.

Now I will give you some helpful info to troubleshoot the vac issue. I will put a link here to what you need to check.
You probably have a pcv issue too. What is the mileage and the service history of this Treg?

Thank you for the information and link to the vcds cable. I am planning to have a mechanic take this over. I don't have the time these days. Also think there is a brewing problem with the oil pump on this treg I need to research.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts