Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So mY 2008 V8 engine will vibrate/shakes/shutters when revving or driving. It all starts at 2800 RPM or so. Always thought it was the front axle seal like so many have had trouble with. When I accelerate aggresively the Treg will vibrate/shakes/shutters. So I always thought it was the axle. But it shakes like that when sitting still and revving. What could this be???? Thanks in advance:smile2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not inspected Motor Mounts. And motor runs perfect other than the shake at 2800-3000 RPM rev/drive. What else could it be?

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
730 Posts
Looks like you need to take it to a shop. If you haven’t figured it out in 30 days I’m not sure if anybody can help you online.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Sorry, but no idea at all with my post #20,001 on this!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Could be a few things but I personally would be looking at how old your plugs and coil packs are...my 2008 v8 does great, but my 2007 VR did this when the plugs where old. Funny thing is they didn't look bad...even looked new with over 100k on the set but boy it drove different with new plugs.

Crap fuel?

Motor mounts is also a high candidate, although I always start with the cheapest and easiest...that being plugs and gas quality.

Hard for random folks online with no ability to see and feel to give any kind of informative response on something like this...sometimes you just got to take it to a mechanic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts