Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was opening the rear hatch window today to place something in the trunk and went to close the window and it will not engage and lock anymore. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
when you shut it does it just bounce back open??

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
With the trunk window open, you will see a pin with a hole, kind of like a sewing needle but much larger in size of course. This is where it latches to. With a pair of pliers, turn the latch/pin either clockwise or counter clockwise to see if that helps catch the latch again. Also ensure the rubber stoppers on both the left and right bottom corders are also there. You can adjust there too. It seems like it just needs adjusted to me. Then you should be good to go!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I when close the window it does not bounce back. I will try to adjust the latch mech pin hole in a few minutes the wife just took the car.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I'm wondering if the microswitch under the rubber tit has failed in the open position.

Have you tried squeezing the tit a couple of times?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've tried extending and retracting the hatch window plunger and the lock still will not engage. I have the hatch trim removed and it looks like the lock motor is fully retracted and is not extending,so I'm thinking the motor is the problem. I hope I'm right

1 - 7 of 7 Posts