Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick ride to the store and came out and car is no turn over. Fob unlocks the car from very far away, lights are bright...battery is very new and seems fine. No clicking relays...nothing. Stereo rocks so we got plenty of amps.

Saw posts saying replace fob battery but I suspect it's not to blame since it works for everything else very well and from afar. Would you agree?

One post said to disconnect battery under seat for a few minutes...anyone agree?

Pending any scare modules gone bad what else can I try?

Switch for pedal? Don't hear it click when I depress.

How does one go about getting car into neutral for flat bedding?

Yes I have a manual and yes it's missing sections. No idea why. No idea why Vw does the stupid little binder with pages/sections that fall out!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Resolved...but not solved (yet)

OK. I new battery for my key fob was purchases. The old battery was at 3.01V and the new ones dialed in at 3.24V. This didn't seem to solve the issue...so plan B.

Pulled the pos and neg cables from the battery, touched them together and let system set for 10 minutes. This seemed to solve the issue as the T2 started just fine.

Any way the new fob battery required a reset of the T2 main battery under the seat?
If this ever happens again nobody but me will have the triple squares to get at that battery (in case wife gets stranded). Anyone know a fuse to pull that would have the same effect?
Is this a symptom of a larger issue with the module for the ignition and/or ecu or just chalk it up as a glitch?
Should have Vag Com this week and although I suspect there may be lots of codes form disconnecting battery maybe I'll have smoking gun.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got Vag Com today. Saw a single fault on that date with Sensor for Steering Angle that may have been to blame:

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 7L0-907-379-MK25E1.clb
Part No SW: 7L0 907 379 L HW: 7L0907379L
Component: ESP ALLRAD MK25E1 0303
Revision: 00H53001
Coding: 0004354
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 42C7D90B4BFEC5514D875E-8017

1 Fault Found:
01826 - Sensor for Steering Angle (G85); Supply Voltage Terminal 30
000 - - - Intermittent

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.