Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exterior color is negotiable (prefer white or gray) but I'm really searching for Teak interior. Cash in hand!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just FYI, in case you are searching online too: from 2008 on, teak was called 'sienna'. I'm not sure if it is the exact same color as teak or not, I think it is slightly different (more orange.)

Good luck, trucks with sienna interiors are rare as hen's teeth. I have only seen one other V10 with sienna for sale since I picked mine up in October. It's well worth the hunt, though. I wouldn't own a Touareg with any other interior color.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just FYI, in case you are searching online too: from 2008 on, teak was called 'sienna'. I'm not sure if it is the exact same color as teak or not, I think it is slightly different (more orange.)

Good luck, trucks with sienna interiors are rare as hen's teeth. I have only seen one other V10 with sienna for sale since I picked mine up in October. It's well worth the hunt, though. I wouldn't own a Touareg with any other interior color.
Good call.....edited.

·
Registered
469 Posts

I beg to disagree; while 2008s in general are very rare there is no shortage of teak (or whatever VW calls them) V10s. Have seen several for sale over the years in this forum and around. It was a very popular color choice. The real imitation is very few V10s of any year were sold. Teak is as common an interior on available V10s as any other. Mine too is a teak V10 though black exterior...

Stick to your guns and perhaps consider the 2007 model year as well. Very few differences and will broaden your field. You will be able to find a teak interior V10 folks buy and sell our SUVs all the time when they get sick of paying to pull the engine to do minor repairs...

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you'd consider a 2005 here is a beauty with a stunningly attractive price exactly your color:

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f47/fs-white-teak-air-suspension-nav-41k-miles-gorgeous-now-on-ebay-58955.html

Volkswagen : Touareg | eBay

Buy this one (only 41k) and pocket the $13,000-17,000 difference you would pay for a 2008. I have driven a 2004 (mine), 2006 and 2008 V10 as far as looks or performance they are identical. Given this is your color choice I would buy this and forget about the 2008.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Who said teak interior was rare?
I never said this. I said sienna (meaning 2008 or newer) is rare. Please start posting 2008 V10's with sienna, as this was the OP's request.

I'm sure he has his reason for wanting a 2008 (looks like he already owns a T1 V10,) just like I chose to pass on all the non-2008 V10's that I came across during my search.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
'08 V10s in general are rare..I looked for 6 months before giving up and buying an '09 V6 TDI...

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Banned
7,167 Posts
...Stick to your guns and perhaps consider the 2007 model year as well. Very few differences and will broaden your field........
Actually, maybe the OP simply wants a T2 over your T1 for these reasons:

The updated Touareg has more than 2300 redesigned parts and boasts some new technological features:
ABS Plus, which works in conjunction with the traction control system, and shortens the braking distance by up to 25% on loose surfaces;
Front Scan, an adaptive cruise control system, which can slow or even stop the car depending on traffic conditions;
Side Scan, a blind-spot warning system: it uses radar at the rear of the car to sense another car's presence, and causes light-emitting diodes (LEDs) built into the wing mirrors to flash. If the driver indicates to move out, the LEDs flash at an accelerated rate to warn the driver until the other vehicle moves out of the Touareg's field of vision.
The 2007 Touareg, alongside an already lengthy options list, could be equipped with a driving dynamics package, a rollover sensor, a 620 watt Dynaudio sound system, and redesigned comfort seats. All diesel versions now have the diesel particulate filter standard.

Copy and pasted from wikipedia.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
IMO all other changes aside the T2 is head and shoulders over the T1 because of the seats and headlamps alone...

·
Registered
469 Posts
I never said this. I said sienna (meaning 2008 or newer) is rare. Please start posting 2008 V10's with sienna, as this was the OP's request.

I'm sure he has his reason for wanting a 2008 (looks like he already owns a T1 V10,) just like I chose to pass on all the non-2008 V10's that I came across during my search.
2008s are very rare no matter the color. Teak/Sienna is no rarer than any other color from my now three years on the board. And again I inisist take the 2005 and pocket the $14k; the differences between that and the 2008 are simply not worth the cash. Heck when I went and picked up my 2011 Touareg TDI rims and saw how close the 2011 is to my 2004 I would pass and take a T1 and the extra dough...just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
469 Posts
IMO all other changes aside the T2 is head and shoulders over the T1 because of the seats and headlamps alone...
Right no doubt the 08 is better; but not $15k better in today's market which is the functional difference. Give me the T1 with $15k (assuming all else is equal and with the ones I showed they are [both around 40k and both immaculate condition with little winter use]).

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
Right no doubt the 08 is better; but not $15k better in today's market which is the functional difference. Give me the T1 with $15k (assuming all else is equal and with the ones I showed they are [both around 40k and both immaculate condition with little winter use]).
I think the $49K asking price on that '08 is imagination more that reality..'08 Cayenne Turbos are going for that price and they typically sell for 10-20K more than V10s on the used market. I remember seeing a silver T2 V10 go for around high 30s a few months ago with CPO warranty and around 40K miles...this seems to be a realistic price for them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Actually, maybe the OP simply wants a T2 over your T1 for these reasons:

The updated Touareg has more than 2300 redesigned parts and boasts some new technological features:
ABS Plus, which works in conjunction with the traction control system, and shortens the braking distance by up to 25% on loose surfaces;
Front Scan, an adaptive cruise control system, which can slow or even stop the car depending on traffic conditions;
Side Scan, a blind-spot warning system: it uses radar at the rear of the car to sense another car's presence, and causes light-emitting diodes (LEDs) built into the wing mirrors to flash. If the driver indicates to move out, the LEDs flash at an accelerated rate to warn the driver until the other vehicle moves out of the Touareg's field of vision.
The 2007 Touareg, alongside an already lengthy options list, could be equipped with a driving dynamics package, a rollover sensor, a 620 watt Dynaudio sound system, and redesigned comfort seats. All diesel versions now have the diesel particulate filter standard.

Copy and pasted from wikipedia.
Was the front scan and side scan available in the US? I remember seeing a german video for it for the T2 but thouight it was one of those options we would never see (or someone from here would create the mod).

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
Was the front scan and side scan available in the US? I remember seeing a german video for it for the T2 but thouight it was one of those options we would never see (or someone from here would create the mod).
It was sort of available, but seems it was only on vehicals that were corporate ones then went up for sale. I don't know of anyone who actually ordered one that way. The corporate cars were completely loaded.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im only interested in a 2008 V10. I currently own an 06 V10 and am not in the market for another T1.....only 2008 T2. I love the gray one in MO but its had 4 owners and 1 accident...so I'll pass. Im still on the hunt for that perfect, low miles 2008 V10 with sienna!!

·
Official CT Ricer!
1,453 Posts
Did you try putting the word out through your local dealer. Chances are they see a few for service and the owners might not be on the forums. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts