Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G’day, does anyone know where you can purchase Adblue for V10 in Australia, other than VW dealers?
Cheers
Werner

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, obviously 2008, not 2018 - I wish😀

·
Registered
227 Posts
Are you sure it is ad-blu you need?

I ask because a number of V10s used something called Eolys fluid.

The fluid was intended to last :sick:100,000 miles or it had to be drained and changed after 5 years.

It is nasty stuff so any waste had to be properly disposed of.

From memory the Eolys fluid filler is under a rubber flap by the diesel tank filler cap.

Buying Eolys fluid from the dealer is very expensive and a refill is several $100s but other makes such as Peugeot also used it and their Eolys fluid is a lot cheaper.

I can't remember the tank capacity but a search on here should bring up old threads.

However if it is definitely ad-blu then any ad-blu from any supplier is fine - just make sure the use-by date is good.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, it’s that stuff you talk about, with filler located under rubber around fuel tank filler. The independent guy I take it for service, last time ordered it from either Peugeot or Renault. Was tricked from over east, as cannot be on plane.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I think tank capacity is 4 litres

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep I realise it’s not the “normal” adblue, but that’s the name that gets used generally- thanks for passing on the correct terminology

·
Registered
227 Posts
Renault, Peugeot, Citroën and maybe others used it.

From memory a VW dealer Eolys refill headed toward $1,000! It was a cost the first owners of V10s probably never discovered but came as a nasty surprise to subsequent owners.

I remember someone on here filled their Eolys tank with ad-blue in error and then had to drain the system pronto!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
do somebody know a difference between
ISO 22241 and ISO 22241-1 Adblue standard?
Can be this two mixed?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Renault, Peugeot, Citroën and maybe others used it.

From memory a VW dealer Eolys refill headed toward $1,000! It was a cost the first owners of V10s probably never discovered but came as a nasty surprise to subsequent owners.

I remember someone on here filled their Eolys tank with ad-blue in error and then had to drain the system pronto!
G’day, does anyone know where you can purchase Adblue for V10 in Australia, other than VW dealers?
Cheers
Werner

regards
Drag

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Drag, I actually contacted them yesterday. $91 per litre, but almost half that if the independent mechanic wants to keep some in stock👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts