Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. My 08 V10 had a KESSY module overhauled or replaced by a dealer July 2014, and there are a few outstanding quirks I want to get resolved. I've thrown some other electrical issues and tweaks into the list so as not to spam the forum with a bunch of threads. Please respond with your thoughts.

- Spare switchblade and valet key do not unlock the doors or start the engine. "Immobilizer Active" displays when I attempt to start the engine.

- Unlocking driver door with key blade does not disarm security system and opening door after unlocking results in alarm/immobilizer activating.

- When I press "lock" buttons on exterior door handles, the doors lock and immediately unlock as if the car thinks I left a key inside.

- Driver door only recognized to be open when the latch is between open and 1 click latched. Believe it's related to microswitch, hoping I can resolve without gutting the door and removing the latch.

- ESP OFF button does nothing when pressed, and it does not register as pressed when I view the MVB in VCDS. How to determine if button is defective or wiring is damaged, or is there a soft coding the previous owner used to disable the ESP OFF button?

- RF door loudspeaker, RR door loudspeaker, and RR tweeter make no sound and register as "open circuit" in VCDS. Probably blown speakers, or possible wiring problems? Any clever ways to test? Anyone have spare Dynaudio speakers laying around?

- Transmission and Instruments modules are recoded to ROW (rest of world) coding, but gear indicator on dash only indicates gear number if shifter is in Tiptronic mode. Did I do the coding wrong?

- When attempting to calibrate auto level suspension ride height in VCDS, adaptation displays "Not available" even after logging in.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just occurred to me I posted this in the diesel forum, which is probably why I couldn't find any similar threads. Will repost in the proper location. Sorry about that!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts