Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the way this vehicle drives, but I'm surprised at the number of times I've had to visit the dealer for service over the 70,000 miles I've logged -all on paved roads. Other than regularly scheduled check-ups, I've had to visit the dealer to replace bulbs numerous times, replace tires about every 30k (3rd set), brakes (3rd set), brake pad sensor (which the dealer is unable to repair inexpensively citing the need to replace an entire circuit board).

But the latest is the drive shaft failure. The bearing bushing failed creating a knocking sound under the center console area. The dealer tells me the entire shaft must be replaced and the VW part is $1,750. I'm beginning to feel like a service tech annuity.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I like the way this vehicle drives, but I'm surprised at the number of times I've had to visit the dealer for service over the 70,000 miles I've logged -all on paved roads. Other than regularly scheduled check-ups, I've had to visit the dealer to replace bulbs numerous times, replace tires about every 30k (3rd set), brakes (3rd set), brake pad sensor (which the dealer is unable to repair inexpensively citing the need to replace an entire circuit board).

But the latest is the drive shaft failure. The bearing bushing failed creating a knocking sound under the center console area. The dealer tells me the entire shaft must be replaced and the VW part is $1,750. I'm beginning to feel like a service tech annuity.
There are way cheaper solutions.. For all of that you replaced and changed during the years.. Search the forum

1 - 2 of 2 Posts