1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Model year: 2008
- Engine: V8
- Last 5 digits of VIN number: 60605
- Approximate location or postal code: Pittsburgh, PA (15221)
- Asking price: $12,900

Hi all,

If you’re looking for a well taken care of V8 Touareg and want the protection of a good warranty, this could be your best bet.

When we bought it 3.5 years ago, it had around 42k miles and went through the same VW inspection process they use to certify their vehicles, which qualified it for their most comprehensive 6 year 100k VW Platinum Drive Easy warranty. Now that the vehicle has almost 66k miles on it, that leaves an additional 34k of warranty coverage to last the next owner until 11/2020.

Great maintenance history with folder of records. Recently did the 60k service including oil, spark plugs and all filters, plus NEW BRAKES (pads/rotors) - keep in mind these are factory Brembos and not cheap. Also at that times I had the coolant and brake fluid replaced, plus battery around then too. Nokia WRG3 snow/ice rated all season tires in good shape. Fuel filter/housing recall complete.

It has the usual features found in the V8 model: leather (not leatherette), wood trim, power seats with memory on drivers side, climate control, pivoting xenons, parking sensors, power tailgate, sunroof, etc. Does not have air suspension. Front side windows professionally tinted to match factory rear tint.

Runs/drives/looks great. Very clean and everything works properly. Asking $12,900.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump for price drop to $12,000 - for this you're basically getting a CPO car. Comes with everything you'd expect - both keys, books, records, winter and summer floor mats, cargo cover, spare tire with tools, etc.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice ride. Have same in black. Dad has been hounding me for mine for last 4 years. Just hit 54k on mine...I’m the only owner. Will forward your listing to him tomorrow, but don’t get too amped up....he needs a hitch, something I have that you don’t. I’ve heard there are some crazy issues installing a/m hitches on Tregs (mostly electrical). Glad I bought mine with the factory hitch. Will let you know what he says. We are on the other side of the state...lehigh valley about 4 hrs away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Kryspyx,

Just saw your post. Here I thought I had one of the lowest mileage ones around and you have me beat.

If your dad is otherwise interested, I can check with my local VW dealer if an OEM hitch/wiring is something they can do and cost. Their rate is $97/hour and they do the best work around here. Let me know if I should look into it. I should mention my price is negotiable.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm surprised this hasn't sold yet. Looking to get it out of our garage as we already have our replacement vehicle. Currently listed on other sites for $11,900 but open to reasonable offers.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts