Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 V10 TDI and we just put new batteries in because we had troubles starting it when it arrived. It is back in the shop and the VW dealer can't find anything wrong with it. It has both keyless start and key start. It will work great for a few day's and then it will just not start. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I just bought a 2008 V10 TDI and we just put new batteries in because we had troubles starting it when it arrived. It is back in the shop and the VW dealer can't find anything wrong with it. It has both keyless start and key start. It will work great for a few day's and then it will just not start. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks
When you mean wont start do you mean winds over but will not start or do you mean nothing happens when you press the starter?

regards
Drag

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
With a V10 you really must have VCDS. Sure sounds like your rear battery is bad or you've got major battery drain. You need VCDS!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you resolve this?

Mine does the same.

VW Australia have no idea.
One dealer had it for two days to test diagnose. They came close.
Turns out (and I am still looking as to why) computer is not engaging solenoid at rear battery. I ran a lead and switch and use it at same time as pressing starter button.

It works. But it looks weird but it starts every time. Long live the v10

1 - 5 of 5 Posts