Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Location: West Sonoma County, California (95446) or San Francisco, California (94110)
Year: 2008
Engine: V10 TDI
Last 5 of VIN: 38085
Exterior color: Black
Interior color: Sienna (similar to Teak on the pre-facelift Touaregs)
Mileage: 105,xxx
Price: $14,000

I have a very clean 2008 Touareg V10 TDI for sale. This vehicle is loaded (including rear locker) and the only option it's missing is the blind spot monitoring / adaptive cruise control which very few V10s in the US came with. This 2 owner vehicle was originally sold in Phoenix Arizona and then brought to California in 2010 when I purchased it. We don't have kids or pets and are non-smokers, so this is a very clean accident free vehicle with no rust. It's always been professionally maintained with an open checkbook. It was maintained at Royal Motors in SF while under warranty and then at Advanced Autowerks in SF after the factory warranty ended. Advanced is very familiar with this vehicle and could answer any questions you may have about condition or service history.

It's had the usual Touareg items replaced like the prop shaft and bearing along with the standard V10 items replaced with its engine out for 2 new turbos along with the AC Compressor, alternator, and O2 sensors in 2015. In 2019 and 2020 it started dripping some oil, and that has been all taken care of now so this vehicle is ready to go with no current issues that I am aware of other than what's listed below.

Neither my wife or I want to sell this vehicle, it's the best we've ever owned and fantastic to drive. It's finally lost its spot in the garage to a vehicle with more technology, so I'd like to pass it on to another enthusiast.

Walk around video:

Issues:

The passenger blower fan for the HVAC is also starting to make some bearing noise (I may or may not address this myself before it's sold.) Other than the usual rock chips for a vehicle of this age, there is a small dent and paint scrape on the rear tail gate, a small gouge in the front bumper, and a door ding and scratch on the passenger door. The passenger mirror housing is also cracked, and again, I may or may not get around to addressing that before this vehicle is sold. The black paint is very glossy and is swirl free for its age.

Also, while not an issue it is a pending maintenance item that should likely be done: I had asked for a transmission fluid flush on the last maintenance visit, and to make a long story short, the shop did not complete this item.

Pics:

Interior, undercarriage, and issues pictured below.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
969 Posts
What did you end up replacing her with? She's a stunner and amazing price

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What did you end up replacing her with?
We got a Volvo V90 T6 Inscription with the Polestar optimization. In my opinion, it's a beautiful car (inside and out) that's comfortable to drive with a terrible engine (even with the Polestar tune, especially after coming from a V10 TDI.) We did a lot of searching for a replacement vehicle, and couldn't find anything in our price range that we knew we would enjoy driving as much as the V10 and would fit through our narrow SF garage door. We decided to get the V90 because we liked the way it looked, it's comfort, and tech; but also, mostly for the European delivery experience. Unfortunately COVID took the European delivery part away from us.

The V90 will likely only be a temporary car until something more appealing comes along. I've got my eye on the used RS6 Avant and RSQ8 market. It will be interesting to see how a non-SUV works for us in this garage slot, as in the past we have spent a lot of time in the deep Tahoe snow, driving to some remote mountain biking spots, and the occasional off road adventure. The V90 has only handled the mountain biking part of that equation so far, and will be useless in the other areas (although it is AWD):

She's a stunner and amazing price
Thanks, and obviously I agree. Tell all of your friends!

·
Registered
43 Posts
You should consider posting this on Demuro's Cars and Bids website. I bet it would get a lot of attention.

Super clean!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should consider posting this on Demuro's Cars and Bids website. I bet it would get a lot of attention.

Super clean!
Thanks! Yes, Cars and Bids has been my plan since he launched it. I just wanted to float it out here first mostly because I have been feeling too lazy to wash the car and go somewhere a bit more scenic for better photos. I also wasn't sure how my iPhone pics would turn out so I wanted to do a bit of a dry run to test out the quality of the pics.

I'll report back if/when the auction goes live so you guys can follow along!

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
969 Posts
We got a Volvo V90 T6 Inscription with the Polestar optimization. In my opinion, it's a beautiful car (inside and out) that's comfortable to drive with a terrible engine (even with the Polestar tune, especially after coming from a V10 TDI.) We did a lot of searching for a replacement vehicle, and couldn't find anything in our price range that we knew we would enjoy driving as much as the V10 and would fit through our narrow SF garage door. We decided to get the V90 because we liked the way it looked, it's comfort, and tech; but also, mostly for the European delivery experience. Unfortunately COVID took the European delivery part away from us.

The V90 will likely only be a temporary car until something more appealing comes along. I've got my eye on the used RS6 Avant and RSQ8 market. It will be interesting to see how a non-SUV works for us in this garage slot, as in the past we have spent a lot of time in the deep Tahoe snow, driving to some remote mountain biking spots, and the occasional off road adventure. The V90 has only handled the mountain biking part of that equation so far, and will be useless in the other areas (although it is AWD):

View attachment 239897

Thanks, and obviously I agree. Tell all of your friends!
Wow That V90 is just as pretty as the Touareg, dare I say even a little better looking? lol. What made you chose the V90 over the XC90? I personally would chose the V90, as Volvo wagons have always had a special place in my heart. Growing up, we always had Volvos.

The RS6 and RSQ8 are very very special cars. I think the RSQ8, SQ7, and SQ8 all fall into the category of why would Audi ever build something this crazy ( Just like VW did with the Touareg). I currently have 3 Audi's, and did tinker with the idea of the RS6 but the lease price was about $2,300 per month. And at that point I could get into a Bentley truck or Porsche Panamera Turbo Wagon.

I use my Touareg mainly for work, but recently picked up a new Ram Laramie for work.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow That V90 is just as pretty as the Touareg, dare I say even a little better looking? lol. What made you chose the V90 over the XC90? I personally would chose the V90, as Volvo wagons have always had a special place in my heart. Growing up, we always had Volvos.
Yeah, the V90 is one of the better looking cars on the road right now. It's really beautiful. As for choosing the V90 over the XC90, other than looks which was probably the primary reason, the main reason was our narrow garage door in San Francisco. In order to get the Touareg in, the mirrors have to be folded in and it is still a tight squeeze. My wife is not a fan of getting the VW in or out of the garage. The XC90 is a bit wider than the VW (but would have still fit) so she was less than enthusiastic about the XC90 and that pushed us to find something narrower.

The RS6 and RSQ8 are very very special cars. I think the RSQ8, SQ7, and SQ8 all fall into the category of why would Audi ever build something this crazy ( Just like VW did with the Touareg). I currently have 3 Audi's, and did tinker with the idea of the RS6 but the lease price was about $2,300 per month. And at that point I could get into a Bentley truck or Porsche Panamera Turbo Wagon.

I use my Touareg mainly for work, but recently picked up a new Ram Laramie for work.
Yeah, I can't justify the price of any of those new. I have been keeping an eye on Panamera Gran Tourismos, too and there is a used one at a local Porsche dealer that is specced pretty close to how I'd like one that I've been toying with the idea of going to check out.

Interestingly enough, another V10 just popped up on Cars and Bids today. Doug and the peanut gallery have been pretty excited over it (and it's not in as good of shape as mine) so it should be interesting to see how it does.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes, that one on Cars and Bids looks nice from 15m distance, up close pretty tatty. But cheap. Wheels are worth that nearly.

Pete.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yea if you posted yours on Cars and Bids the site would probably shut down... They are loving that one on there right now but its not nearly as clean as yours.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea if you posted yours on Cars and Bids the site would probably shut down... They are loving that one on there right now but its not nearly as clean as yours.
The tatty 2007 on Cars and Bids just sold for $13,300, and the buyer will have to pay a ~$600 commission to Cars and Bids on top of that. If anyone is interested, I'm keeping this here listed at my original asking price until I get around to cleaning it and taking pics to list on Cars and Bids.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts