Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Touareg enthusiasts,

I have decided to sell my 2008 V10. It is a vehicle that I have desired for a long time and I was finely in the right position to purchase, but now would like to sell. I require something smaller to commute to work with, this one has treated me very well so far, but fueling it up weekly and insurance, etc, just isn't in my best interest at this point.

I bought this off of a fellow club Touareg member in April 2018 who also bought it off of a member here. It is in great condition and has given me no major hassles.

I do no have access to any prior service records, so I don't know when or if the turbos, tandem pump, etc have been replaced. The carfax does indicate three engine out repairs, however. At this time, the engine and related parts do not exhibit any issues. Tandem pump was checked at purchase, and was good. It had a vacuum leak causing brake issues that was repaired by new vacuum lines. Has not shown any issues since.

Particulars:
2008 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI
VIN: WVGPT77L88D034931
Current mileage: 117,000 miles or 187,000 kms (driven daily, so this is increasing)
Price: $21,000 CAD or $15,500 USD

PROS:

-Interior is in like new condition, no rips, tears or wear
-Paint is in very good condition. It has accumulated a few rock chips on the hood, but they are minor
-Runs very good. No leaks, does not exhibit any noises related to cam wear, pulls strong, no codes or check engine lights. does not burn oil, or smoke irregularly (only during DPF regens)
-Everything works as it should.
-Tires were replaced at 174,000 KMs with Continental DWS06s.
-Last oil change was at 180,000 KMs. Replaced the fuel filter at this time. I have the cabin and air filters ready to install, as well as the oil filter for the next change.

MINOR ISSUES
-It can not be run below less than 3/8 of a tank. I fill it up at 1/2 tank every week, and have never the vehicle quit or run out of fuel. My best guess is that it is related to the drivers side in tank fuel pump. Have not taken the time to troubleshoot as it has not affected me.
-once in a while (has happened less than 15 times in the 14 months of ownership), it will not start due to a kessy module mismatch with the truck. You'll get in vehicle, push the start button, and nothing will happen, except the radio comes on. so you'll have to access the fuse panel on the drivers side and pull the fuses for the kessy module ( I have installed larger fuses so these are clearly visible). replace them and it'll start right up like nothing happened.
-drivers door is sagging, and the drivers door handle does not pull like the other doors, like the cables stretched or something
-windshield got a rock chip, and has turned into a crack. Will replace the windshield upon sale.

I am open to offers as I don't know what the current V10 market looks like. There is currently only one other 2008 V10 for sale with 56,000 more miles, and its priced for 15K USD.

here is my eBay ad with more pictures:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/273845779286

I can take any other pics and send videos if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still for sale. new price is 19K CAD, or its USD equivalent.

Mileage is now at 189K kilometers or 118K miles.

Will be parked soon as its replacement is on the way.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Still avail?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Your Treg has a beautiful silhouette and classic look! That black is excellent.

Have you towed with it? What's it like to start on a cold Alberta morning?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not towed with it. It was parked in a garage for all the cold mornings, but parked outside at work when it was -30, after a few glow plugs cycles, would fire up pretty easily, unlike my old golf.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have not towed with it. It was parked in a garage for all the cold mornings, but parked outside at work when it was -30, after a few glow plugs cycles, would fire up pretty easily, unlike my old golf.

Gotcha.

I was secretly hoping that you tried pulling 155 tons for the bragging rights with that V10, LOL!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still for sale. Had a few lookers and interested people, but no one has pulled the trigger.

willing to take offers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts