Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had some troubles with my 2008 Touareg that I've only had for 3 weeks now. I have narrowed it down to the break light switch. I ordered the replacement part and went to replace it at the base of the break pedal but there is no old switch or wiring harness there. Where is the break light switch located!?!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
you have to remove the plastic cover. I think there are three screws. Its the plastic that the footwell light is in. Then you will see the brake light switch up attached to the brake pedal. If i recall when i replaced mine it was maybe green and purple. Not sure but just pops off and new one goes on there. 5-10 minute job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Really easy to do, however, make sure you get the right switch. I have an 06 and I've tried two different switches and neither have worked so far. Mine is the purple type.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm looking for the same switch. I need to tap into to install my P2 trailer brake. I do not have the OEM hitch and lights already installed.
My Curt hitch and my lights are up and running, just have the trailer brake left.

Under the plastic cover is a very big open space where the brake switch would be easy to mount to the pedal linkage. Unfortunately, there is no switch anywhere. I have pulled down the electrical box mounted on the right of the steering column, but still do not see a switch. Big black rod that that moves when you press on the pedal, but it ends with no switch in sight.

This is a 2008 and in other searches I have looked for there was mention of Volkswagon moving the switch starting this year.

Where did it go? Any help would be great so I don't have to keep pulling parts out from under the dash!

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes on some Treg like mine the switch seems to be located somewhere else I can't find mine either - I can hear hit "click" though moving the pedal - in the 2009 model it is not located on the location that shows up when you type a search in Google for this switch - please help anyone as many others seem to have difficulty spotting it

·
Registered
23 Posts
The brake pedal has to be removed and switch is behind that.
45 degrees left to remove 45 to right install.

Hope this helps doing mine currently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 VW Touraeg, Went to replace the Brake light switch and found the slot to put it in but nothing was there including wires. Is there another way this functions without the switch?

·
Registered
50 Posts
still trying to locate the brake light switch in a 2009... no switch, no wires, someone above said it is behind the pedal... cannot see anything behind the pedal... very frustrating... earlier models as shown in the above video look easy... the 2009 cannot even find the switch... HELP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here cant locate the brake light switch, someone that has done it or as previous gent wrote 5 min please show us.

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
How about you guys who can't find them show us pics of what you can find? Can you guys find your brake pedal? How about its pivot point?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts